Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Geey?

fuzzy077 said:
Hey FLYLOW22...if that is your real name....why, may I ask, are you so geey?
It is that I'm so fly or I hang so low that has you wondering? HA!! Yur geeeeey!

hasn't the market for shares changes.

i have seen many ads for the marquis jet card (a netjet repackaging of the same concept). basically a nostrings attached block time purchase. 25 hr min.

if you look at the concept (fractional ownership), it was or is the greatest scam this side of starting your own dotcom (pre bubble burst) before the recession. you take a million plane for example and sell it in shares. you price each share so that you bring in 2 mil. then you charge monthly fees and hourly costs. i read many owners were stuck with shares and they had devalued as they expired during these past few lean years.

obviously the product has merit for companies with a need to move people and yes, the market will bear whatever it will bear. but if flying less than 300 hrs a year; every study done shows simple charter is the way to go. at least buy the marquis card and don't have the strings.

isn't this proof the market is changing and that it really is affecting the pilot contract? if everybody starts buying block time, revenues might not meet the cost structure associated with a huge pay raise.

never mind that you Deserve it, but the point and my original question was:

aren't the changes in this market of fractional providers affecting your prospect of getting even a 20% or better raise?

even all the ads aren't pushing share benefits or cost anymore, but they are pushing things like "our pilots are airline trained" and : we fly with two captains"

Citation shares ads are even sillier with " the pilot remembered my birdie on hole 13 last year"

these ads like morgan stanleys showing a broker ,sitting with a couple watching the sun go down giving financial advice ,shows how stupid madison avenue thinks the customer base for shares , which happen to be wealthy CEOs, really are.

thanks for the info

yeah, i simply noticed the ads along with others and the move toward block time which gives more flexibility. i certainly realize the profit motive and think if the market will bear it, do it. having said that, if the 1800? pilots were given a 40% pay raise , have you figured how much of an increase in sales it would take to justify the raise?

The way I understand Marquis is that they own a fraction of a number of airplanes and then they sell the cards offering use of their shares of the airplanes. So, in essence the more cards sold the more "fractions" being sold so it still increases the shares of airplanes being sold. The info about us buying marquis is new to me, haven't seen that announcement from the company but that is no suprise. I did see some news articles about NJA buying the European version of Marquis but not the domestic one.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back