Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big Sky TT requirements... different stories...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

altimaklr

The link above for the Big Sky Boston interview says you need 450/50 TT... but guys on aviation interview have been hired with less... Any insight on the real minimums? Would it be worth showing up to the Boston interview with 310/10 hours? I live nearby.

The link above for the Big Sky Boston interview says you need 450/50 TT... but guys on aviation interview have been hired with less... Any insight on the real minimums? Would it be worth showing up to the Boston interview with 310/10 hours? I live nearby.

Show up, the worst they can say is come back in a couple months with some more hours.

You won't get hired if you fail to show up.

I'm instrument current (CIME).... I know it's a very long shot to apply considering I can't even rent a multi from most flying clubs with so few hours.. but I think I'll give it a shot - can't hurt for experience sake. :nuts:

I'm instrument current (CIME).... I know it's a very long shot to apply considering I can't even rent a multi from most flying clubs with so few hours.. but I think I'll give it a shot - can't hurt for experience sake. :nuts:

Sounds like a good plan. Can't hurt. Plus I've always heard getting any opportunity to get interview experience is good.

Dumb question (I'm trying to compare my training experience with others): how did you get your CIME with only 10 hours? Doesn't it require 5 hours of night? Did you manage to get it with only 5 hours of day training? Or did you go 141?

Sounds like a good plan. Can't hurt. Plus I've always heard getting any opportunity to get interview experience is good.

Dumb question (I'm trying to compare my training experience with others): how did you get your CIME with only 10 hours? Doesn't it require 5 hours of night? Did you manage to get it with only 5 hours of day training? Or did you go 141?
141 requires some additional stuff. Doing your ME addon part 61 only requires proficiency, there are zero time requirements (except the 3 hours of training within the last 60 days).

141 requires some additional stuff. Doing your ME addon part 61 only requires proficiency, there are zero time requirements (except the 3 hours of training within the last 60 days).

Yup. I think it took me 6.7 to get mine under 61. Part 141 requires 10 hours dual and 10 hours of "acting PIC" and 5 hours of "acting PIC" at night... which I think is all complete BS, by the way. Oh well, I think I've signed off my last CIME student under 141, so I won't have to worry about it any more.

-Goose

Last edited:
What is a CIME?

Maybe I'm slower than most, but when I had just over 300 hours, I knew very little about flying and/or this industry. I certainly wasn't ready to be an airline pilot at that stage!
I know this topic has been exhausted on this site over the years, but I can't help to think about it every time I see a thread like this where the minimum hours for a 121 airline pilot job are posted. It looks like the minimum hours are becoming even less.
I realize the probability of the whole "incapacitated captain" scenario is extremely remote, but I would be very uncomfortable if my spouse and kids were passengers in the back while a 400 hour newhire f/o is trying to figure out what he/she is going to do next, all while the wx is below landing minimums in BOS and the capt. is slumped over the controls.:eek:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back