• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Big Sky Airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BigSky Airline currently has 15 19seat metros 80 some pilots and no Flight Attendants. Even If they anounced today that someone was giving them CRJ's I don't see how they could be flying them by the end of the year.
I exspect them to phase out the Metro's and replace them with a bigger 30 some seat turboprop Dash-8 perhaps Saab 340's start a flight attendant department. No one seem's to know.
I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to anounce CRJ's. But they do have the deep pockets of Mesaba backing them now so they will grow at some point.

Last edited:
I was hired by Big Sky in December and was supposed to start training on the 6th of Jan. Unfortunately it was postponed at the last minute for who knows how long. I am patiently waiting and luckily got my 135 job back. It is only part time, but it is some money and some flight time still coming in. My friend that is a captain there is keeping me in the rumor loop. He said the latest was that they still get told Dash 8's and he also heard that they were trying to get a flight attendant program going. Now those are just rumors. He also heard about rj's, but to see it is to believe it. I can't wait to start there and I think that they may have a brighter future than before. We'll see.

Who is Big Sky going to fly RJ's for? NWALPA has already given BS a big thumbs down. I think I saw United with a help wanted sign but thats about it.

That is what my friend was saying. He was talking about united. Maybe they'll get some express routes. Another one that seeing is believing.

Latest resources

Back