Bi annual after 2 years

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nosehair said:
Slightly misleading, Midlife. I think you mean to say, if you have *done a flight review* in any kind of aircraft, not if you have flown any...
Thanks for the clarification. I typed too fast.

Biennial

IF a student is out of their flight review, what type of time is logged in their logbook regarding when they do take the fight review. Is it only dual received? I'm thinking along the lines of someone taking a PPL checkride, if you pass it is your first PIC. If the person performs the flight review successfully would the lesson be PIC and dual? Does it matter if they are successful or not regarding the logging of PIC time for that dual instruction? Thanks.

I heard FAA quit calling it the Biennial because some pilots thought they only needed it only every 200 years. :)

white knuckle said:
IF a student is out of their flight review, what type of time is logged in their logbook regarding when they do take the fight review. Is it only dual received? I'm thinking along the lines of someone taking a PPL checkride, if you pass it is your first PIC. If the person performs the flight review successfully would the lesson be PIC and dual? Does it matter if they are successful or not regarding the logging of PIC time for that dual instruction? Thanks.

It is logged as dual received and PIC. Not because of the checkride thing, that's 61.47: Examiner is Not the PIC. But because 61.51(e)(1)(i) says you can log PIC any time you are sole manipulator of the controls. You don't have to be current, or meet any other requirements that you would to ACT as PIC. You can't ACT as PIC until you've had the Flight Review, but you can fly with someone who can ACT as PIC and you can still LOG PIC. Crazy?, huh?

You guys are somthing. All I ask was what will be expected of me after two years of not flying.I didnt ask for a lesson on spelling or semantics. Good thing I still have brain surgery to fall back on!:)

Latest resources

Back