Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Regionals for Living in Greenville, SC (GSP)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

brett

An office with a view
Finishing up with the military in a couple months and ready to start flying full time. I'm hoping to get a corporate or charter job right here in the Greenville area, but if nothing comes open may consider seeking employment with a regional.

I'm 2 hrs from ATL, 2.5 hrs from CLT, 2 hrs from CAE, 25-30 mins from GSP. Based on this which companies would be best to apply to? I have a friend at Shuttle America who has offered to carry in my resume, no connections anywhere else.

Times are 3150 TT/480 ME/ 16 Turbine; flight instructing, corporate.

Appreciate any advice/suggestions.

Thanks,

- Brett

PSA has a CLT base. Another good US Airways option might be Air Wisconsin; bases are PHL, DCA and ORF but there seems to be quite a few flights PHL-GSP.

ASA might be a good choice for ATL but it seems they are going through some tough times right now. Somebody who works there will probaly chime in...

I think Skywest has an IAD base (maybe thats Mesa?), that might be easy for you, I dunno how frequent those flights are though.

Fire the apps out there and good luck!!!

ExpressJet has 3 daily flights to EWR (a junior base) and, I think, 2 to Houston. Know a couple of people who commute from there, very few problems- so they report.

A good company with probably the best contract out there...though we are facing some changes in the upcoming months. Most everyone is happy here though.

AWAC is a good option. I just had a buddy of mine walk in my stuff. Apparently furloughees and in-house recommendations are the only way to get a look there. Wish me luck.

W

Pinnicle, Fed EX (Well, you're military) many of the plethora of US Airways expresses, some of the Delta Connection carriers (no, I don't know for sure which ones) in addition to what was previously mentioned-yeah, one of the United Express ops too and AE.

(snicker-he said good regional :) )

Last edited:
I used to commute out of GSP myself. It's been a couple of years, but I think that DAL still has the most flights. That is worth a lot. DAL mainline only takes as many jumpseaters as there are jumpseats, so it helps to have pass privileges.

ATL and CLT are both drivable if loads are heavy. A DCI or USAX codeshare would be preferable strictly from a commuting standpoint.

FWIW I commuted from GSP to IAD for a while and to comply with our commuter clause, I normally ended up either going through ATL or CVG, leaving really early, or taking a chance with only one flight.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the advice so far.

A DCI or USAX codeshare would be preferable strictly from a commuting standpoint.

Okay, I need you to dumb this down for me a little; not familiar with airline codes. I assume USAX is US Airways? What is DCI?

brett said:
Thanks to all for the advice so far.

A DCI or USAX codeshare would be preferable strictly from a commuting standpoint.

Okay, I need you to dumb this down for me a little; not familiar with airline codes. I assume USAX is US Airways? What is DCI?

DCI is Delta Connection.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back