• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best places to get a 737 type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Miami--Pan Am. PM me for details and a great price.

Yep. As said above, the best place to get a 737 type is a place that will give you one for free... after you've paid your dues.

I don't get all the people who buy the "$8000 lottery ticket" hoping to get a job with SWA. Look at their hiring stats sometime. It's something like 1 out of 5 get hired, and sometimes they interview and don't hire anyone.

BenderGonzales said:
Yeah. Back in the day FSI provided training. So you didn't pay Chautauqua, Continental Express, Commutair, Pinnacle (Express 1), etc. to get the training -- you paid FSI.

Personally I think it's pretty crappy of SWA.

I got a 737 type the old fashioned way. I flew for a company with a 737.

I did my inital training for COEX with FSI. The company paid for it as long as you had 1200/200. Before that, as long as you had 2000/500 the company paid the bill. Not everyone pays for thier training, but alot do.

Guys that are getting the 737 type with Bond Aviation with hopes of getting on with SW are also being offered job placement with Vision Airs B737 operation and National Aviation Services BBJ operation.

John Pennekamp said:
Yep. As said above, the best place to get a 737 type is a place that will give you one for free...

I love America! Free 737 type! Making big $$ now, with only 3800 hours TT, sure beats flying for a regional.

Espalda Mojado said:
I love America! Free 737 type! Making big $$ now, with only 3800 hours TT, sure beats flying for a regional.

Moderator, can we please put an end to this? It's getting old.

Continental will type the new hires in the 737, they use them as relief pilots during flag operations... no insurance for the first 6 months, but a free type!

Latest resources

Back