• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Best Combat Flight Sim for the PS2/PC

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I used to have the original MS combat flight sim,good sim.I think the Pacific Theatre one was a little better,and the 3rd version needs a beefy computer,which i dont have(3 year old dell) Ace Combat 5 for the PS2 is coming out in a few weeks with a joystick and without one if you dont want it.If you get the deal with the joystick,its over $100,but it might be worth it from the screenshots and reviews ive read. Still,there is no way a PS2 or XBox combat flight sim will outdo a PC version. The only good thing about the PS2 and XBox are the frame rates.

Falcon 4.0 and Janes F-15 are very close to the real thing as far as games go. I believe that thrustmaster has a stick and throttle that is a replica of the f-16 with the same programable functions ect so you dont have to do anything with the keyboard. Xbox/ps2 are good fun but you will not find anything that is realistic.

BonesF15 said:
Falcon 4.0 and Janes F-15 are very close to the real thing as far as games go. I believe that thrustmaster has a stick and throttle that is a replica of the f-16 with the same programable functions ect so you dont have to do anything with the keyboard. Xbox/ps2 are good fun but you will not find anything that is realistic.
You really should see Lock On.

http://www.lo-mac.com/screenshots.php

nice

Those are some awesome graphics for lock-on,i bet you need a 2.0 ghz or better to play that one with decent performance.I just bought IL 2 Sturmovik,which is a WWII combat flight sim, and well worth the $15 i paid for it! The same company that did IL 2 is bringing out Pacific Fighters(WWII Pacific Theatre,with 40 flyable a/c) next month,and it looks 10 times better then IL 2!

Latest resources

Back