• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Becoming a dispatcher

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If all dispatch jobs require dispatch experience, how does one become a dispatcher? just wondering....:)

Not all dispatch jobs require experience. Green, newbie dispatchers have to start somewhere just like green, newbie 300 hour pilots. :beer:

Cheers

All managers want to hire people with experience. Many will hire right out of school. Don't just go in with your ticket and expect them to hire you, be ready to answer questions correctly regarding weather, fars, charts, 3585, or anything else they can think of. Cram for your interview.

And pray that the airline industry figures out a way to continue flying after the earth's oil supply is depleted by 2040. Otherwise, you'll be out of a job and have a certificate that doesn't mean squat.

And pray that the airline industry figures out a way to continue flying after the earth's oil supply is depleted by 2040. Otherwise, you'll be out of a job and have a certificate that doesn't mean squat.

I don't see a problem there. Jet-A is paraffin-kerosene type of fuel. Should one of the more easy fuels to reproduce from bio-fuels. The hard one is Jet-B for cold weather ops. But aviation/trucking/ship and train transport is much better off than autos/powerplants/plastics industry.

Well, shooter, the price of Jet-A isnt coming down any time soon, and the amount of oil on the face of the earth grows more scant everyday. Its a simple matter of math. Basically, I was just injecting some humor into the whole becoming a dispatcher notion. I myself hope to be retired before 2040.

The same way people break into any other field. You get basically qualified, and then look for an entry level job. Regional airlines will hire you with no experience. After a couple of years you can begin looking for a job higher up the ladder with a reasonable expectation of getting hired by someone. It may not be United or Delta, but it might be Ryan International or Allegiant Air. Do that a couple of years, and you are as qualified as you are ever going to be to apply to the majors. It also helps if you have some time as an instructor, check dispatcher, or supervisor.

Latest resources

Back