Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Counselair

"He said member..."
Unemployment is running out, I'm tired of shoveling snow and the kids are driving me nuts. I need to get back to work. However, I'm done with commuting. Anybody know who is based in the Philadelphia/Atlantic City/Trenton area? Regionals, corprate charter, cargo it doesn't matter. Also if you have a minute, a brief run down on the company would be greatly appreciated (Ex. hiring? pay? upgrade time? etc.).

Thanks in Advance,

Counselair:)

Philly base/jobs

I'm just guessing that you live in North Philly area or just over the river in NJ. (jersey chicks rule) Anyway:

121 Jobs

1. Chit taco as mentioned above. Philly base is semi junior/senior but easier to get now because of the FL flyin. Start at 19 hour. They are in contract talks now. Watch out for the republic thing. Good group of guys I've got many friends there and their happy but poor. Also has LGA base which is driveable if you don't get PHL at first. Upgrade ???. Teamsters

2. Allegheny - while we don't have a PHL base (we did and may very soon again according to rumors) there is ABE and MDT. We may be hiring soon due to attrition at the bottom of the list but rumor has it we will take furloughed Piedmont guys first. PM me if interested.

3. Shuttle America - TTN base. Scaab 340 equipment. I think 19/hour to start. Part of Wexford which owns Chit taco too.

4. Ryan - Philly base but they are know for opening and closing bases as contracts come and go. Don't know much esle though.

5. USA 3000 - PHL - A320 charter guys for apple. HQ is over in Newtown so you can go there and drop off res but I've herd they aren't really receptive to this. Chech out their web site.

6..... Mesa jet base in PHL plus 1900 base in ACY (may have closed but not sure), and 1900 Reading RDG which is MX base. I don't know what Mesaup is up to reguarding hiring.

Part 135 jobs.

PHL - Airnet has aircraft based prop and jet. also at TEB and EWR

PHL - Sabre (used for cargo) based on UPS ramp - be afraid be verry afraid of this guy, the UPS guys call it the dust collector. I've got stories, my bankair friend can back me up.

PHL - Bankair/Epps - checks in lears /MU2, bunch of good guys also lear for Bankair in EWR see killingtonlrdrvr for more info on bankair.

PNE - Hortman, citations and PA31T's - comments = SALTMINE

PNE - Custom Air Transport - navajo's, cit, king air - this outfit has been cought trying to get their pilots to JS on 121 carriers w/o permission.

PNE - United Refrig - King Air/lear nice guys 135 and 91

PNE a few others scattered around the field, poke your nose in.

TTN - Ronson had a Citation on 135 but may have sold it. Has BE99's on a Navy contract but may have ended after another company had an accident in the area w/ navy people on board.

ACY - Atlantic Av. has charter planes based there (lears&KA, I think)

ILG willmington DE has 135 outfits and cargo also. Again poke your nose around

Corp part 91

TTN - Merck, J&J, Pfizer and Bristol Myers Squib - good luck you need to know someone, GOOD LUCK

PNE - Crown Cork and Seal - Haaa good luck (falcons/G4and G5)

ILG - many you need to go there and do the face to face

Also for 135 and 91 try places like Chester county, Morristown MMU, TEB (atlantic AV), RDG the guy at the SW end of the field has a big charter operation. Wings Field has a 135 operation as well as corp part 91 King Air. Doylestown small 135 BE90. Quakertown 135/91 citation.

ABE - several 135 outfits do a yahoo search or ask Timebuilder.

Outside of 121 flying Maybe get out a vfr sectional and look at the airports around you and cross ref them with AOPA/NBAA directory. Then do some footwork.

Hope this helps

Don't forget fractionals

At TEB you have Netjets and Flex Jet.
Do a search in fracts for info

EWR for Citation Shares (90 min.)

FO based anywhere like PHL

Thanks Guys,

Lots of leads...lots of research. Thanks for giving me a place to start!

Counselair:cool:

P.S.- across the river in NJ and lovin' it! Also I married a Jersey girl and couldn't be happier.

LearLoves chicks with big hair!

LaerLove "Jersey chicks rule"

You must love chicks with big hair.....not that there is anything wrong with that! Rock on.

:)

Hey Helga-whatever your name is...

I would take a Jersey girl over a Maryland broad anyday... unless of course she had big jugs and didn't mind me wearing a leather thong and rolling in bed with food processor. I'm not sure what that means either... Sorry, I got home late, I'll give you a call later.

Counselair

Latest resources

Back