Aztec time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bugchaser

Have the opportunity to fly an Aztec any time. I fly an ag seat and the boss has a '66 Aztec that I can use anytime. Would like to know what one of these would rent for so that I can make some kind of arrangement with him. If I am going to fly 100 hrs or so this winter, I feel like I need to reimburse him for at least some of this. The airplane is well equiped and has new paint and new leather interior. Has long nose mod and several nice features such as backup hyd. motor and autopilot. What is this thing worth per hour? Any thoughts are welcome. Many of you know more about this than I do.:D

I've seen a '71 with crappy paint but nice interior and good engines rent for $135/hr (in central TX). That was about a year ago though.

'chaser

The FBO I work at rents our Aztec at $195/hour wet. Here's the details: 250 h/p engines, 170 knots TAS, 140 gal. usable, 7 hour endurance 2200 lbs. useful load, seating capacity 6, HSI, RMI, Strikefinder, Electronic Engine Monitors (CHT, EGT, Fuelflow, Tripcomputer), 3-Axis Autopilot, DME, Co-pilot instruments, 4 place intercom.

I hope this helps (although it is more than $135/hr, does that include fuel?)

'canfly

The $135/hr was wet, however this plane wasn't nearly as well equipped as the one you described. It had the standard dual VOR, DME, and ADF setup. No HSI, or autopilot, or any electronic engine monitoring instruments. Also, the rear two seats were taken out for insurance reasons - so it was a 4 seater. I was never checked out in it, though - so I can't tell you about the range, useful load, etc....I just remember the exterior being in terrible shape.

Well sounds like $100 or so should be about right to cover costs. This takes into account that we get fuel at a discount (he is the fbo) and insurance is much less do to no training or rental. I think I will offer to trade hours 1 for 1 in the Aztec. If I fly him or his family somewhere and it takes 3 hrs., then I will have earned 3 hrs. to use for myself. Sounds like a good deal to me. What do you think?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back