AWAC and AirTran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avratdwc

Hey everyone, I was reading in another post that AWAC is going to be doing work for AirTran. How long have they been doing trips for them and what does the future have in store for the two airlines. Will this mean they are going to be hiring more? My feeling is that they are going to maybe hold off till they see whats going to happen with United. Looking forward to info. CYA

We have been doing work with Airtran since Nov. We really can't afford to wait and see IF UAL MGT gets all the pieces in line. It is our sincere hope that UAL can and does pull through this sad time in there history. We are going to be hiring somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 pilots this year. In my humble opinion, AWAC is an outstanding place to work with loads of fun people to work with, and isn't that what 90% of this job is, the people you work side by side with each day? Couldn't ask for better...

WD.

With what is happening at UAL, I could see this as a great chance for AWAC to do more flying for Airtran and it could help Airtran expand alot quicker now. AWAC has alot of CRJ's and more coming, along with Airtran's 717's, Airtran could expand thier route structure tremendesouly and start flying into new markets in a very quick manner, before the likes of Jetblue and other new LCC find thier way into new markets not yet served. With a great new LCC in Airtran and a leading national like AWAC, Airtran and AWAC could both benefit greatly, and if UAL has to renegoitiate thier agreements with AWAC, ACA etc = less money from UAL, then the Airtran agreemement with AWAC could become even more valuable for AWAC and inturn for Airtran.
But who knows???????

freind of mine is reading this thread with me and is wondering what the best way is to get an interview with AWAC. When are they projected to do any mass hiring? Thanks again!!!!

P.S. What is competative for times

I posted the competitive times on another string just a couple of days ago. With the industry the way it is now we are looking at 3000tt with over 1000me turbine and 121 exp. I went in to further detail in the other string. If you have any further question let me know. You can also get great Info on this board from Rottweiler, AWACOFF and cheese pilot.

All the best.

WD.

Latest resources

Back