AWAC Advice

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ncsu14

Anyone from AWAC out there who can shed some light here would be great.

I've got my resume into them via the web and email, and am going to continue to update. I am lower time and do not quite meet the mins (850TT/100ME, currently instructing in MEs now exclusively, college degree, etc, etc.). Other than updates does anyone have any advice regarding getting your foot in the door? Any help would be great. Reply or PM me. Thx.

Believe me, you do not need to meet the published minimums to get on here. Your times look solid so don't fret there. Be persistent. From personal experience in various ways, AWAC looks at internally recommended candidates first. I was recommended and have also recommended successfully. If you know anyone here that's your ticket. But, don't let that keep you from persuing a job here. It's a great time to get on as there are many exciting prospects on the horizon. Best of luck.

I was flying 135 when I got the interview call. I would update my resume every weekend and send it out every Monday.

Thanks for the insightful replies. Pretty much what I was thinking. Persistance seems to be the key.

Hi!

I met the mins by a lot. I went in person twice to Appleton and talked to the recruiter. I wasn't interviewed. I also was in a non-flying job, which I think was the problem.

Rumour is they're getting 25 more RJs for Midwest feed.

cliff
DAL

Rumour is they're getting 25 more RJs for Midwest feed.

Rumor is right, however, the announcement could be as early as the upcoming week or as late as the end of the year. Midwest has expressed the desire to have the new contract carrier flying as quickly as possible. Still haven't confirmed who is left other than AWAC. I'll say it again, this is a good place to be.

You might want to get your ATP written done.

Can't hurt. I got a call for an interview (declined it though). My friend who had more time (TT and Multi) and is a woman but did NOT have her atp written done, didn't get a call.

Latest resources

Back