Avro jet Northwest airlink

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skyjet

This is a question for rumor control, is mesaba going to park the avro and replace it with the 78 pax crj. I think the jets are owned by mainline northwest. How many Avro's do they operate. I hear so many stories from there pilots.

Mesaba has 35 Avros, they are grandfathered into NWA's scope. And I don't think anyone knows where NWA's RJ orders are going to go yet. (i.e Pinnacle, Mesaba or.....Big Sky ) The announcement should be made later this year.

--03M

Actually, XJ has 36 AVRO's with 1 still down from the Mem. jetbridge accident. Word is that it is repairable, but will still be down for some time.

If (when) we get CRJ's they will be scoped to 44 pax. As 03M posted, the AVRO's are grandfathered and scoped to 69 pax (16 first class, 53 coach).

Also, it is unlikely the AVRO will ever be parked. It is too much of a money maker for XJ and NWA.

4fanman said:
Actually, XJ has 36 AVRO's with 1 still down from the Mem. jetbridge accident. Word is that it is repairable, but will still be down for some time

Yeah, I forgot about that one, they still have it under that tent over by FedEx MX in MEM, I wonder how long it's gonna take....

--03M

Latest resources

Back