Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

machaf

L.B.C.
What books would you say are worth reading? Aviation books that is.

Ones I like are:

Turbine Pilots Flight Manual
Everything Explained for the Professfional Pilot - BEST REFERENCE BOOK EVER!

I was thinking about buying "Questions? Questions?" by Air INC for interview prep type stuff.

I always thought Stick And Rudder was the most significant aviation book I ever read. First published in the 1940s, but still every bit as relevant today.

Everything Explained

Everything Explained for the professional pilot, by Richie Lengel sold at www.aviation-press.com or from the link at the left of the screen. A ton of information, funny, easy to read, easy to find what you want. My sole source of technical study material for the last 2 jobs I was hired for. You won't regret the purchase.-kingaira90

I'll go with "Moondog's Academy of the Air; and other Aviation Disasters", by Pete Fusco. If after reading that you still want to work in commercial aviation good luck.

By the way, it is a hillarious (sp?) book written by a CAL 73 Capt. who got to the majors in a somewhat round about way.....:)

Try "Fate is the Hunter" by Ernie K Gann. All time classic but not an encyclopedia if thats what your looking for. A great read for anyone interested in the early days of commercial aviation.

I second the Moondog's Academy of the Air. Pete is based at the field I'm on and he is hilarious. The only way to get the book seems to be Amazon or to have Barnes and Noble order it for you. It is freakin funny for anyone even if they are not in aviation.

For a more historical view, I recommend these two awesome books.

"Skygods: The Fall of Pan Am Airlines" a history of Pan Am from both a pilots view and management view.
"Hard Landings" a history of the airline business.

Enjoy!

Robert Bucks' North Star Over My Shoulder is an excellent book on the early days of airline flying.

Latest resources

Back