Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Auburn University Flight Education Assitant Chief Flight Instructor and CFls Auburn,

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Goatpilot said:

Here are some pictures of real Bama fans. These guys just exude class.

ls-2tidemtsu-mrbama3.jpg

1724785BearBryant.jpg

Sadly these pictures have not been photoshopped.

Last edited:
I knew it wouldn't take long.

The Barn is a fine school I'm sure. I wouldn't trade my four years in Tuscaloosa for anything though.

I DO fear the thumb. I'm just glad our coach is too classy to sport a t-shirt like that. Seriously, it must be rough to go 13-0 and finish third (2004). I think a little more national recognition would help ease that nagging inferiority complex. I guess it's your destiny. Suck it up.

AUposter.jpg

Goatpilot said:
I knew it wouldn't take long.

The Barn is a fine school I'm sure. I wouldn't trade my four years in Tuscaloosa for anything though.

I DO fear the thumb. I'm just glad our coach is too classy to sport a t-shirt like that. Seriously, it must be rough to go 13-0 and finish third (2004). I think a little more national recognition would help ease that nagging inferiority complex. I guess it's your destiny. Suck it up.

AUposter.jpg

Some of us prefer national recognition for academics vs. football. How is it you are an Alabama alum and fly airplanes? I thought there was some sort of law against you all operating heavy machinery. All kidding aside, I had some great times at The Ivory Tusk in the early 90s.

Goatpilot said:
I guess it's your destiny. Suck it up.

Suck what up?

That "Barn school" provided me an education where I have been hired at three major airlines and now currently enjoy a six figure plus salary at a large Fortune 500 company.

While I enjoy football just as much as the next guy it doesn't dictate what mood I am going to be in Sunday morning.

And it aint rough going 13-0 and finishing third. Beating the snot out of you guys year in and year out is satisfaction enough! :D

Goatpilot said:

What happened in 2004 was an aberration because the top 2 preseason teams went undefeated. USC started out #1, OU #2, and AU #17. AU or any other team that started the season ranked #17 would have never jumped USC and OU in the polls as long as they didn’t lose. The same thing would have happened in 2005 to Alabama if they kept winning. They would have been watching the BCS title game on television just like AU in 04. This just goes to show what a joke the BCS really is since it doesn’t allow everyone a fair chance to compete. It’s about as legit as a male ice dancing competition.

If you still want to poke fun of us for going undefeated and not winning the BCS go right ahead. I went to 12 games that season and had an absolute blast at every one of them. As far as the national recognition goes we're steadily gaining more and more of it. Tuberville has our program in the top tier of the SEC and as long as we keep winning big games we'll get more respect. Maybe in the next few years we'll have another magical season and everything will fall into place. Until then I'll just keep travelling to games and have fun cheering on my alma mater while partying with my old friends, which is what SEC football is all about!

Latest resources

Back