Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attn: Cal pilots...... Scope relief = no vote!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone needs to just chill out. There is NOTHING to vote on.

This is JUST a proposal.

And bluechunks nailed it...CAL management is attempting to circumvent the entire negotiations process under the guise of "good faith, simplicity, and the kindness of their hearts."

What the pilot group should really be pissed about is how they just tried an end run around our entire NC and MEC and are trying to let the public (WSJ, AP, etc) in on it to affect the outcome.

You should also be pissed that they did this when our MEC Chairman was out of the country at an IFALPA conference.

Makes you wonder, just why exactly is CAL management so scared to negotiate? Or why they are so afraid to sit down and actually engage in some interest-based bargaining.

Hey ***********************************. You can only blame yourself. There never was a RJ larger than 50 seats back in the day. Last time I checked you all Legacy boys voted your careers away with scope relief. Its your own damn fault. Now us regional guys are stuck here, because you all do not have the balls to vote no.

An when will you guys have the balls to negotiate a respectable pay scale for the RJ? It goes both ways.

An when will you guys have the balls to negotiate a respectable pay scale for the RJ? It goes both ways.

Ask any Comair, Atlantic Coast, Air Wisconsin, or Expressjet pilot what happens when you make a reasonable pay rate on the RJ. Until the Mesa/CHQ whipsaw is permanently removed, the race to the bottom will continue. I won't hold my breath.

Makes you wonder, just why exactly is CAL management so scared to negotiate? Or why they are so afraid to sit down and actually engage in some interest-based bargaining.

Frankly, they understand who they've got sitting in the nose cones of their airplanes.

They also understand that CALALPA/ALPA-N is too conventional (eg. they fight like the British during the revolution)...

... easy to pick off and beat from the trees and bushes:

http://www.newenglandtravelplanner.com/assets/ma_images/lexington/redcoats7064.jpg

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Last edited:
HOLD THE LINE! No more outsourcing of our jobs.

obviously i am a regional pilot, a captain at Pinnacle. These are routes currently being flown by 76 seat regionals at delta and trust me, these are only a few there are much more. DTW-SAT, ATL-STX, DTW-SLC, MSP-YVR, LGA-OMA, DTW-ORD, DTW-MDW. ATL-ORD, LGA-MDW, LGA-BOS, LGA-DCA.
I understand that you have to have the right plane for the right route and if a 76 seat jet is that plane fine, but keep the plane at mainline. Keep the plane there now at all costs, negotiate the pay rate second. If the payscale doesnt look that great for 76 seat jets, its still more important than allowing it to be flown by a regional. Also, cap what Colgan can do in that q400, its more efficient than the 50 seat jet. There has to be a pilot group that can hold the line, good luck CAL and AMR! Save our careers!

obviously i am a regional pilot, a captain at Pinnacle. These are routes currently being flown by 76 seat regionals at delta and trust me, these are only a few there are much more. DTW-SAT, ATL-STX, DTW-SLC, MSP-YVR, LGA-OMA, DTW-ORD, DTW-MDW. ATL-ORD, LGA-MDW, LGA-BOS, LGA-DCA.
I understand that you have to have the right plane for the right route and if a 76 seat jet is that plane fine, but keep the plane at mainline. Keep the plane there now at all costs, negotiate the pay rate second. If the payscale doesnt look that great for 76 seat jets, its still more important than allowing it to be flown by a regional. Also, cap what Colgan can do in that q400, its more efficient than the 50 seat jet. There has to be a pilot group that can hold the line, good luck CAL and AMR! Save our careers!

I agree.... don't give up scope.... take back your flying for christ sake and leave the real regional flying to me. I am content doing my time running between BPT, AEX, LFT, and others cities like them.

An RJ Captain that actually gets it! Well done sir!

Latest resources

Back