Attention Skywest and ACA pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rightrudder

Here's a questions for you folks: My carrier, Air Wisconsin, has just told all of us that United is requiring that we (all UEX and prospective carrier) submit bids for flying by April 25th. This is of course, pretty short notice and our union reps are now working with the company to see if/what concessions may be needed from us.

Have you heard anything similar to this from your management (the 4/25 deadline)? If so, are they asking you guys to hurry up and help out the company with concessions? We will have to vote on something by the end of next thursday, it looks like.

Just wondering what the spin is at your airlines.

While I cannot vouch for a specific date our MEC (ACA) did announce that the bidding process had been considerably accelerated for the UAX flying. However this info came after the company had already decided to furlough 197 pilots. Company had already asked for concessions prior to the new info I believe but we are in no hurry to give anything up - especially after the furloughs. This could be good - could be bad. With Mesa on the property i'm going with bad. Thanks guys. Not exactly sure what the logic is to the accelerated bid but at least I will know what my future recall prospects look like sooner rather than later.

I heard from a substantiated source that American Eagle is bidding for the United Express flights out of LAX. This makes sense as Eagle recently went from percentage of ticket to fee per departure billing. Eagle already feeds Continental, Delta, Alaska, Hawaiian, Northwest, et al and of course American in LAX.

Anyone else heard this? It hasn't been announced to the pilots and no "concessions" have been discussed (although I doubt management could ask for any more blood from the Eagle pilots after this week's fiasco with the captain spots in the CRJ and EMJ going to furloughed APA guys.)

Unless UA changes protocal, AE would have a substantial undertaking to get that flying. The contract SkyWest holds is not just LAX, but the whole West. Hubs out of SFO, PDX, DEN and SEA in addition to LAX. I am sure AE has some excess capacity, but it would need on the order of 90 to 100 jets and turboprops to cover existing routes. UA also doesn't like to mix its pax in the way that AE does with other code shares, its all UA pax on UA painted birds.
I suppose its within the realm of possibilities, it is however not one with enough merit for me to lose any sleep over.

April 25th UAL bidding

rightrudder said:
Here's a questions for you folks: My carrier, Air Wisconsin, has just told all of us that United is requiring that we (all UEX and prospective carrier) submit bids for flying by April 25th. This is of course, pretty short notice and our union reps are now working with the company to see if/what concessions may be needed from us.

Any word on how the bidding turned out and when a decision will be made?

Not yet...

ACA got a 10 day extension to their May 1st dealine.

My understanding is that no other carrier got an extension.

Your guess is a good as anyone else's what all that means...

Latest resources

Back