Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Attention All Pilots: A Chance to be Heard!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Eagle757shark

To all my fellow airline crewmembers, as you know our industry is facing a major crisis. The airline industry is in uncharted territory with the high cost of fuel. Now you have an opportunity to be heard regardless of your political affiliation. All the major airlines are on board. It is time your voice be heard. It may not seem like much, but you should go to the link listed below. It could be your way to help save our industry. Stop Oil Speculation Now!
Here is the Link:
www.stopoilspeculationnow.com

A year ago, many of us were excited about the growth opportunities in our industry. All the major airlines were hiring or in the process of recalling furloughees. Now many carriers are proposing furloughs and pay cuts. Folks take a moment to let your voice be heard! Best of luck to us all!

Last edited:
To all my fellow airline crewmembers, our industry is facing a major crisis. The airline industry is in uncharted territory with the cost of fuel. You have an opportunity now to be heard, regardless of your political affiliation. All the major airlines are on board. It is time your voice be heard. It may not seem like much, but you should go to the link listed below. It could be your way to help save our industry. Stop Oil Speculation Now!
Here is the Link:

A year ago, many of us were excited about the growth opportunities in our industry. All the major airlines were hiring or in the process of recalling furloughees. Now many carriers are proposing furloughs and pay cuts. Folks take a moment to let your voice be heard! Best of luck to us all!

But I thought we all wanted to reduce our carbon footprint?

Democrat, Republican, or Independent doesn't matter. Last year this time we were paying around $2.90 a gallon for fuel. With a possible flare up in the middle east between Isreal and Iran, and a possible active hurricane season something must be done. Learn more about oil speculation (its more than just supply and demand). www.stopoilspeculationnow.com

Let's get one thing straight . . . just because the cost of oil doubled doesn't mean the demand doubled. Once there is limited supply for an irreplaceable commodity, prices will go nuts.

So if oil producing capacity is 100%, a demand for 105% of that is going to allow sellers to raise the price far, far more than a mere 5%.

This seems obvious, but based on the large number of whiners crying "but demand didn't double" simply don't seem to get this.

Soverytired,

You're right, problem is that supply is greater than demand. Look at the EIA's website. It very clearly shows that if you use the annual run rate for oil consumption next year and the EIA's estimate for production, we get a surplus of 920,000 barrels every day. This year we have a surplus of 650,000 barrels every day. Find out how much the strategic reserve for China is, I'll give you a hint, it's almost as much as Saudi Arabia. Supply is not the issue.

Soverytired,

You're right, problem is that supply is greater than demand. Look at the EIA's website. It very clearly shows that if you use the annual run rate for oil consumption next year and the EIA's estimate for production, we get a surplus of 920,000 barrels every day. This year we have a surplus of 650,000 barrels every day. Find out how much the strategic reserve for China is, I'll give you a hint, it's almost as much as Saudi Arabia. Supply is not the issue.

Educated opinions vary; I don't have a frikin' clue if it's supply, or demand, or refinery capacity, or speculation, subsidized oil in developing countries, etc. etc.

All I do know is this: The US has failed for decades to approach energy seriously. The left won't drill, or build nukes, or allow wind power/solar power in many places. The right won't use tax credits or research grants to stimulate alternative sources, or change the CAFE standards.

Now we have both parties who don't know how to fix this overnight, because it can't BE fixed overnight. But a scapegoat looks nice, and why not blame "evil" oil companies, or speculators, or both? Again, I'm no expert, but this has the all too familiar smell of decades of government incompetence and a "lets find an easy scapegoat" mentality behind it.

My .02, and my gut feeling. I do know that when government starts regulating private enterprise, the cost to the consumer almost invariably rises.

Also . . if it IS a speculative bubble, it WILL burst, eventually. If the housing bubble of the past 10 years taught us anything, it certainly proved at that bubbles only last so long, and the last guys holding the bag get cleaned out. Unfortunately, just like the housing bubble, a lot of people will get hurt in the process.

Last edited:
This is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.
(That's saying a lot on FI)

CE

Most people will be to lazy to read whats on the link but it has alot of good info

Soverytired,

http://www.riverfrontig.com/commentaries/pdfs/strategic/sv063008.pdf

To all my fellow airline crewmembers, as you know our industry is facing a major crisis. The airline industry is in uncharted territory with the high cost of fuel. Now you have an opportunity to be heard regardless of your political affiliation. All the major airlines are on board. It is time your voice be heard. It may not seem like much, but you should go to the link listed below. It could be your way to help save our industry. Stop Oil Speculation Now!
Here is the Link:

I'm sorry, but who do you think is going to hear you? Airlines have been laying off hundreds of peeps by the day, and... NOBODY, I mean NOBODY(including the Democratic Gov't) has been paying any attention, let alone screeming about it.

You people better learn how to invest(save your money) or hang on.

Seriously????

PtP

Go ahead, FLAME ME!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back