ATN Pilots buying Gifts for Herb and Gary

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LeeRoyJenkins

I just rode on an ATN jumpseat to work yesterday, and we had some interesting conversation. Probably the most interesting thing said was from the FO. He said the ATN pilots are collecting money to send a case of Wild Turkey to Herb, and a custom Fender guitar to Gary. Are you freakin' kidding me?

This is pathetic and trust me when I say SWA management will not be fooled by these weak gestures!!!

He said the ATN pilots are collecting money to send a case of Wild Turkey to Herb

Collecting money? Must not make very much. A southwest pilot could buy a case of WT in 30 seconds of taxi. :)

I just rode on an ATN jumpseat to work yesterday, and we had some interesting conversation. Probably the most interesting thing said was from the FO. He said the ATN pilots are collecting money to send a case of Wild Turkey to Herb, and a custom Fender guitar to Gary. Are you freakin' kidding me?

This is pathetic and trust me when I say SWA management will not be fooled by these weak gestures!!!

This kind gestures is being spearheaded by a warm spirited Captain from MCO, known for his kindness and warmth to his FOs and gate agents. He just SCREAMS kindness to others around him. He was an F-16 driver in the Air Force so I'm sure he will have a lot in common with his fellow Kernal buddies at Southwest. Why I see his name on so many trips in open time is beyond me................

Last edited:
The gesture seems nice and sincere, but charity for multi-millionaires? Really? Why not erect a shrine?

This kind gestures is being spearheaded by a warm spirited Captain from MCO, known for his kindness and warmth to his FOs and gate agents. He just SCREAMS kindness to others around him. He was an F-16 driver in the Air Force so I'm sure he will have a lot in common with his fellow Kernal buddies at Southwest. Why I see his name on so many trips in open time is beyond me................

You're killin' me, Kharma . . . . . :laugh:

I hope this is a joke...really.

But just in case its real, I'm going to start a collection so SWAPA pilots can buy Herb TWO cases of Turkey and buy Gary TWO custom guitars. Surely a 'gift' that's twice as much as the Trannies' will pull mgmt back to our corner! Nice try ALPA!!

Who cares? I'm glad my future Airtran bro's care enough to send a peace offering to Gary and Herb.

From what I can tell from this board I doubt they ever sent a gift to their management!

Gup

I hope this is a joke...really.

But just in case its real, I'm going to start a collection so SWAPA pilots can buy Herb TWO cases of Turkey and buy Gary TWO custom guitars. Surely a 'gift' that's twice as much as the Trannies' will pull mgmt back to our corner! Nice try ALPA!!

We don't need to do that. They both know they are multi-millionaires many times over because our well spirited hard work.

In return they have treated us all pretty good.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back