• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATN ALPA RepRecall email

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because our voting rights were apprehended by seven individuals on August 18th, the Merger Committee has informed us that Southwest has approximately 500 employees working on the dissolution of AirTran Airways; now known as “Plan B”. That plan will go into effect on September 30th if our MC has not reached an agreement with Southwest Airlines and SWAPA.

MalibuVride or any other AirTran pilot, who was the source of that e-mail? Was it from the ATMEC or another source?

If there was knowledge of this threat back at thee meeting in ATL, it should have been discussed very openly. It wasn't, though, because these threats are completely lame! From what I've heard from SWA guys, this is Gary Kelly 101; give an artificial deadline for some pressing reason and know that labor will cave because of it.

Completely lame? If I were in Gary Kelly's shoes, I'd immediately start fleshing out Plan B after the ATMEC voted 7-1 against the proposed SLI. This is business - fair and equitable don't exist in business or in life. Fair and equitable - that's just a line of crap that Che Guevara clones feed to maudlin daydreamers.

MalibuVride or any other AirTran pilot, who was the source of that e-mail? Was it from the ATMEC or another source?

I'm not a tranny, but my friends that are have said there are a group of $cabs who are spreading these recall efforts. They are clearly using a fear campaign of their own. I'm quite certain that GK will be even less impressed with the trannies when they tell him they need more time because they can't make such important decisions while valid recall efforts are in progress. This just keeps getting more interesting!

I'm not a tranny, but my friends that are have said there are a group of $cabs who are spreading these recall efforts. They are clearly using a fear campaign of their own. I'm quite certain that GK will be even less impressed with the trannies when they tell him they need more time because they can't make such important decisions while valid recall efforts are in progress. This just keeps getting more interesting!

Good luck narrowing it down since it could be a lot of people on the list over there.

OK, that would explain the 500 number. That's way too high a number of employees. First, it's too many to prevent the story from leaking out through multiple channels into the media and second, it's just too many people. It would have been more believable if the number had been two dozen or so; that's about all the people you need to do a reasonable evaluation. I didn't post my suspicions because I was interested in the reliability of the source. I'm still interested in the source of the letter.

OK, that would explain the 500 number. That's way too high a number of employees. First, it's too many to prevent the story from leaking out through multiple channels into the media and second, it's just too many people. It would have been more believable if the number had been two dozen or so; that's about all the people you need to do a reasonable evaluation. I didn't post my suspicions because I was interested in the reliability of the source. I'm still interested in the source of the letter.

I heard this from a HDQ type this week. It wasn't 500 people working on the evaluation, it was 500 people affected by the evaluation. The entire transition plan has been put on hold for the 717. Several small teams are doing the evaluation and combined the affected number of SWA employees was around 500 since all integration plans have been put on hold.

I bet SWA just spins-off this outfit and simply takes the pieces it wants, IMHO, as I think SWA is beginning to loose interest in some of those "pieces".

ahhh...happiness is the grammar police.

Thank you....

"....exterminate all the mussies....the world will be a better place...."

Latest resources

Back