• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ATI combi's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There ya go with the 'assume' word! Yeah, we've had that article circulated amongst ourselves here, and there has been talk of 757 combis for us for a few months, but I'll believe they're ours when we have ATI-badged folk in the seats. To my knowledge, we're the only ATSG subsidiary with combis in our Ops Specs, not that that couldn't change. As much as I hate to face the fact, our DC-8 combis are getting tired...

I know. Nuts, right? ;)

Thanks for the reply. I hope you get them and do not lose anyone since you have the 76', the 75' is a wash. It may not even be a concern, but I have no clue how you staff for those things or even if it is a contract you have or ad hoc for the military.

While I have your ear, do you guys ever do any concert tours with them or are there the flight attendant legalities etc. etc. that prevent you from reaching out with them in charter sales?

'preciate the well wishes! We occasionally do charters such as rock bands and the like (usually it's the roadies we carry along with the equipment - the band flies in real comfort in a chartered G-V or whatever...), but lately any ad hoc charter combi work has been for the military outside of our scheduled service. We have 4 planes at the moment, 3 -62s and 1 -72, and three dedicated runs, so we frequently have a spare that can be used for quick trips, but as they are somewhat unique, the company seems to prefer to keep the 4th plane on hand as a spare in case one crumps somewhere out there. When one is in heavy check, it really puts pressure on everyone up and down the line to keep these darlings going.

They are, from a different mod company, but I have no idea if they are gunning for any of the runs that we've done for nearly 20 years. Sure hope they aren't anyway...

'preciate the well wishes! We occasionally do charters such as rock bands and the like (usually it's the roadies we carry along with the equipment - the band flies in real comfort in a chartered G-V or whatever...), but lately any ad hoc charter combi work has been for the military outside of our scheduled service. We have 4 planes at the moment, 3 -62s and 1 -72, and three dedicated runs, so we frequently have a spare that can be used for quick trips, but as they are somewhat unique, the company seems to prefer to keep the 4th plane on hand as a spare in case one crumps somewhere out there. When one is in heavy check, it really puts pressure on everyone up and down the line to keep these darlings going.

I heard that you've been warming up with some of those bands during set up and are considering starting your own band and quiting flying.
Are you sure this is a good idea?

I heard that you've been warming up with some of those bands during set up and are considering starting your own band and quiting flying.
Are you sure this is a good idea?

Dammit - where'd you hear that???? Oh well, since the cat's out of the bag, unfortunately, my accordion and knee cymbals just don't seem to be drawing the gigs I was hoping for. That, plus Steven Tyler just won't return my calls ... guess I'll just stick with flying for now!

Dammit - where'd you hear that???? Oh well, since the cat's out of the bag, unfortunately, my accordion and knee cymbals just don't seem to be drawing the gigs I was hoping for. That, plus Steven Tyler just won't return my calls ... guess I'll just stick with flying for now!

PM me if you ever decide you need a tuba player...heck, we could be ready for Octoberfest next year!

:laugh:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back