Astra Anti-skid Operation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capnflyright

Astra drivers, I need some help. There is some ambiguity between our maintenance provider and our training provider. Here it is:

- The training provider taught that in order to check the system you pressed the anti-skid button 'IN" and all 3 lights would come on. Then you press the light again and it will pop "OUT" and the lights will extinguish meaning a proper check.

- The maintenance provider is telling us that the button should be pressed "IN" to enable/arm the anti-skid system. Pressing it again and popping the button "OUT" (flush with the panel) disables/disarms the system.

I tend to go along with what I am taught so I at odds with the maintenance provider. What has everyone else been taught or possibly has anyone ran into the same situation with the anti-skid system?

capnflyright said:
The training provider taught that in order to check the system you pressed the anti-skid button 'IN" and all 3 lights would come on. Then you press the light again and it will pop "OUT" and the lights will extinguish meaning a proper check.
Flight Safety teaches it correctly, your maintenance folks have it wrong.

'Sled

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back