Astra and G-100 Info needed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

capnflyright

I am looking for range, direct hourly costs, maintenance inspection intervals, performance for high and hot, etc. Thank you for any help.

capn,

Those links should give you lots of ballpark data. I can say from personal experience in both aircraft that the Astra will cost ~$100 more/hour to operate but the Astra really shines hte brightest, overall. Baggage carrying capability and range absolutely seperates these aircraft.

Lemons aside, the G-100 should outperform the Classic Astra on an hourly cost basis, as well as cost/mile basis.

The beauty of the maintenance program on these airplanes is the phase inspection system. Not many calendar items either when compared to the Raytheon Hawker/Beechjet series.

I remember when the Citation X came out there was a competing ad by Galaxy that compared the flight time between the X and the Astra SPX from NY to LA and the X beat the SPX by a 15 minute margin, with 33% less operating costs/hour in favor of the SPX. The SPX/G100 is a true .85 airplane and it costs less to fly flat out than to fly at LRC, with only a nominal change in range.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back