Asked MyAsa about Freedom Gates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

IFLYASA

I was curious why Freedom needed our prime parking spots while they don't have aircraft swaps nor is there a need for parking near the spine. So I submitted MyAsa the question and here is the response...

"The ATL station made the decision to gate Freedom flights on gates
21-25 due to a number of operational requirements and constraints. The
decision was a short term solution and we are now moving towards our
long term solution of gating Freedom on D gates, both city and DL/ASA
gates."

Freedumb was at C23 to C25 because they need stairs to deboard and the stairs are a pain to haul around.

John Pennekamp said:
Freedumb was at C23 to C25 because they need stairs to deboard and the stairs are a pain to haul around.

They can do a one-time haul around to D33-35.

Here is another response I just received..

"The decision to gate Freedom on C concourse was driven by a couple of factors. It was always a short term plan due to the quick prep we had to do with very short notice to begin handling Freedom. We hope to move them completely off C by early August"

Last edited:
I don't care who parks where or when, I would be more interested in a solution to the ramp in general.

The ATL ramp is the Achilles' heel of this operation and until it is fixed, flying in and out of ATL on ASA, Comair and Freedom will be a nightmare for passengers.

we are looking at solutions......blah, blah, blah.....new software will help.....blah,blah,blah...........implementing new study blah,blah,blah........appreciate your hard work blah,blah,blah

Unbelievable

FIX THE FREAKING RAMP!!!!

Look, we all know the truth is that they wanted us to see Mesa at the gate every time we go out for a flight... intimidation factor.

I hate shi*auqua and freedumb. Yes, it's a ploy they're trying to pull.

Freedom was placed at spine gates on C in order to maximize visibility: to scare ASA into settling for concessions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back