ASE climb requirements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Farmer

I need a little help with 135 climb requirements and want to use Aspen as an example.

Lindz 4 Departure:

Note: Take-off runway 33 3100-3 or 1000-2 with a minimum climb of 460' per NM to 14,000.

Ok the question,

What weather do you need to use the 460' per NM compared to the 3.3 climb?

In other words is the chart saying that with anything above 3100-3 or 1000-2 you have enough vis and cloud clearance to climb "visual" using 3.3 climb gradient and no longer need to meet the 460' per NM.

Hope this makes sence.

In other words is the chart saying that with anything above 3100-3 or 1000-2 you have enough vis and cloud clearance to climb "visual" using 3.3 climb gradient and no longer need to meet the 460' per NM.

Hope this makes sence.

You got me confused actully. I have no idea what you mean by "3.3 climb." You don't need to meet a climb gradient if the weather is above 3100-3. If the weather is below that value down to 1000-2 thats the range in which you need to meet the climb gradient. Anything lower then that you are hosed. I would refer to your 135 companies training program to assist you in this.

Last edited:
3.3 is an ATC climb requirement to participate (sp) in the IFR world.

If you meet the higher value (in terms of the wx) then No 460' pnm. Anything between your numbers (again in terms of the wx) and you need the 460' pnm. Anything less (read not enough wx or too much in your case) and your are out of luck part 135 and/or IFR.

Go VFR (or part 23 doesn't have to do squat but launch and be legal...not smart mind you). You have to meet the 3.3 regardless (part 23 and 25) if'in you are IFR.

So, to review....I think I am not completely hosed so far (it is late)....Go get a beer and wait 8 to 12 hours (FAR or Company) to fly and/or go when you have desent wx.

Peace.

Last edited:
If you have 3100-3.... You just need 3.3 climb rate to 14000MSL.

If you dont have 3100-3 you need the 460/NM... I think thats over 7.0 climb rate.... I don't know if there are any 2 engine jets that can make that.

Search the Corporate and Charter sections for Aspen.... You will find several good discussions.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back