Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SiuDude

Internet tough guy
Took us an hour and a half to park last night, and now I find this quote by the Skywest CFO:

"In our industry we like to work to increase utilization; the higher the utilization, the higher the productivity and that translates to significantly improved economics. When utilization is pushed to levels that are logistically impossible it becomes counterproductive. In some respects that's what we've experienced in Atlanta. The utilization and experience of turning the volumes scheduled is logistically impossible given the restraints on facilities and access to gates and ramps. We are working with DL on this."

Yup, this pretty much sums up the Atanta ramp. Has for years.

More than ramp space, more than more gate agents, more than more gates, we need leadership in this company. Accountable leadership.

Yup, this pretty much sums up the Atanta..........we need leadership in this company. Accountable leadership.

Come on, they have accountable leadership. Where have you been?????????

Edit up and move up!

Dick

Mod Edit: Creative spelling is not allowed on Flight Info

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe if there weren't 6 DCI carriers in ATL there would be more gate space...?

Mainline has been waiting for gates more than ever lately too. Too many RJs.

SIU, I don't think the transcription was completely accurate. Here is what I think he said....

Multi-Millionaire SkyWest CFO said:
"In our industry we like to work to increase utilization; the higher the utilization, the higher the productivity and that translates to significantly improved economics, which justifies our CEO's 400% increase in compensation.

When utilization is pushed to levels that are logistically impossible it becomes counterproductive which is why we must have concessions from the ASA pilots. In some respects that's what we've experienced in Atlanta after we fired around half the General Office staff, lost 1,700 employees in a single day and transferred airplanes to prove "ours is bigger" than ALPA's. The utilization and experience of turning the volumes scheduled is logistically impossible given what we have left to work with. Candidly, we are amazed the ASA pilots have not staged some sort of illegal job action. But hey, it isn't our brand, this is Delta's problem. We are working with DL on this."
and DL is working with Republic, Shuttle America, Mesa, Pinnacle, Freedom and Comair on this too. Hopefully they will decide to take the Delta pilots up on their phantom jet pay rates and take control of their brand. Every time I see a "SkyWest" CRJ900 I feel a little burp of Wendy's come up. 56% more revenue for 4% more pay, what a deal.

Last edited:
Jerry Adkins and his anti labor party are to blame. More work, less pay = More money for Jerry and his Stockholders.

Jerry Adkins and his anti labor party are to blame. More work, less pay = More money for Jerry and his Stockholders.

People will respect you more if you actually spell the CEO's name right.

Its JERRY ATKIN!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back