ASA+Skywest=One carrier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SSDD

O.K. we know that SAPA has no legal standing. With Skywest Inc. transferring assets(airplanes, route authorizations)from ASA to Skywest, couldn't/shouldn't ASA ALPA be applying for single carrier status?

In the long run , it seems that this would be more beneficial than any negotiations they have going on right now. Strength in numbers...

Comments?

Well Skywest Inc. has not moved any assets yet, they have just said they were going to. I would be willing to bet that when the first plane moves over something might happen.

No thanks.
But raise the might ALPA shield and watch how fast everything gets fixed.

Ya, thats pretty funny......

(I told you guys 2 weeks ago to work torwards a no growth contract)

No assets moved? What about the AS tail number 50 seaters in SLC. I know you guys are all hyped to strike and I support your efforts. I don't want your flying or your planes. But it seems to me that you guys can't win. If you strike, win your contract, you'll probably lose planes, routes, and jobs due to costs. If you lose and don't get your contract, well, your in the same place you were years ago. Good luck with your efforts.

Skaff said:
No assets moved? What about the AS tail number 50 seaters in SLC. I know you guys are all hyped to strike and I support your efforts. I don't want your flying or your planes. But it seems to me that you guys can't win. If you strike, win your contract, you'll probably lose planes, routes, and jobs due to costs. If you lose and don't get your contract, well, your in the same place you were years ago. Good luck with your efforts.

The AS 50 seat airplanes that SKW flies are the ones that were moved around a year or so ago with Comair ASA and SKW due to the GEC deal for the Indy aircraft. That is why you see Comair flying SW n number airplanes.

As far as winning goes, that is yet to be seen. The company says our costs are too high yet they won't prove it by breaking down the costs for us to see. They have been asked over and over again and they say they can't or won't like they are hinding something. So until they can be open and honest and put it all on the table they are lying in the pilots eyes.

Either way we will not be in the same place we were years ago.

The way I see it, if we were losing money and threatening to file bankruptcy, the company would go to the lease holders of the a/c, gates, etc... and request relief on payments. The company would search every available option for cost savings. But that is not the case. ASA and Skywest inc. are very profitable. So if the company went to the lease holders requesting relief on payments (just as the co is doing to the pilots right now) dont you think the lease holders would laugh in their face? It just makes no sense to target one specific group for cost savings while raking in so much cash PERIOD! Now I do think ALPA is asking too much as far as compensation goes and even a separate retirement plan, but I hope ALPA will be flexible and open minded so maybe this thing will work out in the end. I will vot NO to any TA with a pay cut for any a/c but I would accept a pay freeze.

As far as merging the pilot groups, unfortunately I think that is probably what needs to happen to keep this whipsaw from going both ways in the future. Sure there will be people with there toes stepped on and their will be pain, but in the long run, I think it would be for the best.

just my $.02

According to one of the mailings that I got from the MEC last week, there are many misconceptions regarding a "one carrier petition". I'm no guru about these things, but according to it, a one carrier petition doesn't equal merging seniority lists or combining the companies.

That said, getting everyone on the same page is the only way to stop the whipsawing.

Latest resources

Back