ASA Roadshow Next Week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Phony Marconi said:
We're being squeezed as pilots, but they still find ways to squander away our money:

-slick DVD's
-a new Logo
-Glossy Kool-Aid brochures about what a great airline we are.
-100-page paper bids in 1800 pilot mailboxes every month while we pay for internet-based paperless bidding that saves the company huge sums of money at our expense
-making cell-phone use a necessity for company business while we pay out of our own pocket
-making money with every trip swap which brings one pilot under 75 hrs while not compensating the other pilot (shouldn't that be illegal?)
-promoting the most adversarial scheduling boss, the antithesis of QOL, into an even more empowered position.

How many other ways are they screwing us AND the company, while being rewarded as great Managers?

My sentiments exactly. If Jerry Atkin only knew the garbage campaigns ASA management has wasted money on. Something tells me this Mr. Atkin is a hardball player, and one not much different from the dearly-departed management types at ASA. Shiny DVD's to spew more pay-cut rhetoric. Happy Holidays!

40 seat rj's rule

~~~^~~~ said:
They only went to the ASA pilots. But for the SkyWest pilots, here is a recap:

1. Profit sharing on top of our current pay
2. Positive Space tickets on DAL at Company expense to compensate for loss of travel benefits
1. E190 configured with 70 seats will be on the ASA ramp by June 06 (initial order not announced yet)
2. Training Department needs to roughly double, or even triple, in size
3. ASA's 40 seat RJ's to get a First Class section and another Flight Attendant
4. ASA bringing the Shorts back to replace the ATR
5. New ASA paint scheme - http://www.airliners.net/open.file/431191/L/

You are welcome to mine if you really need it.

nice i hope yourwildest dreams come true.
how SR. will the shorts be?

The real story!

I guess MLOA's don't get one! I don't have a mailbox and really dont want one by what I hear and read here. Anyway, I would like to know what is going on as well and can only speculate that no one here realy knows. I guess I'll call the GO :laugh: .

See you guys in a few months!!

Guys, it wasn't that big a deal. To sum it up:
1> Welcome to the SkyWest family
2> We will operate separately
3> We work in a competitive environment and everyone's costs are coming down. Comair will be cheap after the bankruptcy, Mesa and Chautauqua are tough competitors. We must maintain a cost competitive business and find a zeal for serving customers better than anyone else.

~~~^~~~ said:
They only went to the ASA pilots. But for the SkyWest pilots, here is a recap:

1. Profit sharing on top of our current pay
2. Positive Space tickets on DAL at Company expense to compensate for loss of travel benefits
1. E190 configured with 70 seats will be on the ASA ramp by June 06 (initial order not announced yet)
2. Training Department needs to roughly double, or even triple, in size
3. ASA's 40 seat RJ's to get a First Class section and another Flight Attendant
4. ASA bringing the Shorts back to replace the ATR
5. New ASA paint scheme - http://www.airliners.net/open.file/431191/L/

You are welcome to mine if you really need it.

Great paint job, complete with mgmt portraits!

I guess I'll watch the DVD later. I won't be able to afford a DVD player until I get my profit sharing check.

wms said:
I guess I'll watch the DVD later. I won't be able to afford a DVD player until I get my profit sharing check.

LOL! Funny. Sad. True.

Latest resources

Back