Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Medeco

SQUIB
Well it's official, the EMB is gone for good at ASA.

I just hope the company will make another announcement of growth, outside of what is currently known. The rumor of September growth in DFW still could happen but time is running out, and if it does happen they will need more staff on the ground.

The CP told me, and it seems pretty accurate, that the April growth announcement was the first big announcement that ASA made and actually accomplished on the date planned, otherwise they have always been hush on changes.

The "regional" picture is changing rapidly, hopefully for the better at ASA.

It would be nice to see that managment planned on the pilot overage that we have and use it for growth in 04, I know that is expecting alot based on previous history at ASA. Maybe Skip B. will prove the skeptics wrong.:D

Hate to break it to you, but we really didn't grow in the April "expansion". Between the loss of E120's in DFW, and the loss of flying in ATL (to CMR), all we did was shift our existing resources. Yeah, we had new routes, but we also lost a bunch of other routes.

While I'm with you hoping for growth, it's not really going to happen this year. We're only getting 4 more RJ's this year, and that won't even cover the loss of the E120.

Things will move a bit next year at the 15 growth CR7's arrive. Hopefully there is something else in the works that will provide additional growth opportunities.

I don't mean to be negative, just realistic.

E120,

Yes your technically right, thanks for reminding me what you have already stated on other threads, and has been said many times before by others .

All I was saying was i hope things are moving in the positive.

I hate to break it to you , but unless you work at the GO and sit in on meetings with the top managment, then you know no more than I do, and all WE are all doing is speculating.

Put your negetive thoughts somewhere else.

I'm trying to be a bit optimistic.

I'll save my negative thoughts for when ASA does something that really hurts.

When Skip B. talked to my class last year he basically told us all this would happen with the overage in pilots, the only thing he did not talk of was Comair moving into ATL more, so for now I see him as a man of his word, he also said he would not furlough during the overage.

I just see it as them planning something for the future, but can't announce until it is 100 percent, for many reasons too long to list, but one major one is we(Delta) are a publically traded company.

I'm sure many will think I am nieve(spelling) and new, but I have always tried to be positive in my work, its too stressful to be negative all the time.

Being optomistic doesn't pay the bills. I agree with a lot of what you are saying. I'm sure there are many things that are in the works that could really help our pilot group grow again. We've all heard the saying..."hope for the best, plan for the worst". I'm just not going to try to fool myself into thinking that all these great things will happen. I'm not getting stressed out about this because I realize that I will probably be in my current position for quite some time. Hopefully, things will change for the better, but if not I'm prepared to stick it out where I'm at.

I realize that my post may have had a negative tone, but all I'm doing is stating the facts which so many don't want to hear. If I've said something that's incorrect, please let me know. My point of replying to your post is that it was not very true. From a pilot perspective, there really is no growth occuring this year. If you can't handle hearing that....sorry. I know there are many folks that read this board who are in the pool or would like to come to work here. If I were in their shoes, I'd want to hear an honest account of what's going on here. I think ASA is a pretty good place to work, but we all need to have realistic expectations about the future.

I don't fault you for trying to keep a positive outlook. However, you need to get a bit of a clue before telling me to take my negative thoughts somewhere else. Like I said before, not being negative, just realistic.

Last edited:
OK I wll give you that.

Well said!

I just know that things can change with the snap of a finger, in terms of what the future holds at ASA.

That change can go both ways, no doubt.

Just look at ACA.

Riding a tidal wave . . .

Okay, well I appreciate at least hearing that all the EMB are retired, even though that means little for us poolies regarding a possible class date this year. Our only hope is that once they are all retired, maybe the emphasis will be on future growth, contract negotiations, new hire classes even . . . After being in the pool for almost a year, watching another year of aviation employment of the few I have left tick by, working for a bottom feeder with a new POS contract, being away from home all the time for less than 20K a year, I have learned one thing. I'll believe it when I get the phone call saying be there in two weeks, that is if it ever happens!!!

Thanks for the info and for trying to encourage us Medeco. I remain cautiously optimistic, but not expecting anything to happen in the near future.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back