asa job posting -- confused?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AEPS found my job for FREE/ask me how!

Here is one for ya...about two and half years ago...before 9/11 I had an unlucky bout of wash out at a commuter. No biggie it gave me an opportunity to check out the 121 small guys and see how I'd like it. But anyway, as I'm coming back from Europe, where they did the sim training, knowing I was "probably" going to have to look for work...I wasn't too worried as the job market was excellent.

So I hit the ground running while still getting paid by the commuter. They were waiting to see if they/I wanted to get some extra sim/training time. But I was able to sort through quite a few jobs, turned down a few offers and even called up and cancelled a few interviews the morning of, just for being finicky. Well I see this ad for AEPS's ten day free trial. Sign up and start entering data fields for their on line resume. I never accessed any of the job boards there, as my data fields for the resume were never completely filled in. As time goes on, the 10 day free trial period expires and I forget about AEPS. I was also still recieving 335 bucks a week* from my 135 ex-employer in the form of state unemployment checks while looking for work, when all the sudden the phone rings. I got two offers in the works and my phone rings and it's some place I never heard of before! They saw my resume on AEPS, described the position, the hours, the pay, the plane, the run. I chose this job and couldn't interview fast enough for it. I have had the job going on two years now and have thought about staying on seeing how the job market has changed and how much I like my job.

*after getting about a month of pay from the commuter while exiting employment there, I was able to recieve 335 bucks a week for up to 6 months from my 135 employer that I worked at prior to going to work for this commuter (I only needed 3 months). Aint that a peach! In wisconsin if you quit a job to take a better job, or one that is closer to your trained career field, or one that is closer to where you live....etc...then you get classified as a "quit to take" and if the job you take ends, through no fault of your own...you get the max unemployment benefit allowed by state law...which was for me 335 a week. MORE than my take home at the commuter. So I dint have to go crawling back to them after this commuter thing. That commuter has since laid off at least up to what my seniority number would have anyway and it looks like the labor woes and the post 9/11 aviation economy would have caught up to me, should I have stayed there anyway. I wonder how many low time guys that washed out at commuters were ever able to get unemployement in the case of a wash out, or even thought of it?

Good luck to all out there looking for work... :) and AEPS...I love you man!

Latest resources

Back