asa job posting -- confused?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hotwing

Hey, I am really confused about this one -- this just came out today. I was told last week that they were not going to interview this year!!! Now, look at this!

First Officers
Job ID#: 1264861

Atlantic Southeast Airlines
Company Information
Date: January 19,2003
Contact Name: Pilot Recruiting - Capt. Loretta Boyd
Address: 100 Hartsfield Centre Parkway
City: Atlanta
State: GA
Zip: 30354

Telephone: 404-766-1400
Fax: 404-209-0452
E-mail: [email protected]
Job Information

Please press "Send This Company Your Enrollment Form" button only once.
If your personal resume is attached it will be sent also.
Allow sufficient time to Send information.

For prompt consideration be sure to mention that you are an AEPS member.
We are accepting Resumes. Hiring 18 in Feb. Fax resumes to Pilot Recruitment (404) 763-8397 or e-mail to [email protected]. We are receiving 56 CRJ700s thru 2004

That is a little strange. DCI has 54 700's on order, and Comair is getting around half of them. Is this a company you pay money too?
I would be a little suspicious.

Yes -- this is AEPS -- large agaency that holds most of the career fairs around the nation. It is interesting. The last time that I spoke to pilot rec., I was told that no new hires this year due the replacement of 120 with jets and that they would be training those guys... Now, today, this comes out from AEPS -- ?????

It's stale news, Loretta Boyd isn't in recruitment any more, Julie Ellis is back in there. It's just a job posting to attract attention to AEPS' job postings site.

These guys are morons. They rarely have accurate information. They just want you to send them money. Who needs an application service when no one is hiring? (Those that are hiring now don't use AEPs anyway.) It is a load of dung. Save your money.

ok - so what is the answer -- are they hiring or not? We all know what they are, but that is not what I was curious about... what is going on with their hiring? are they hring or not?

Here is another one for you...

http://www.aviationcareer.net/hr/hr_05212001_01.cfm

She's not much to look at, but at least she's got a job to keep her busy.

What's ironic about this article is that it's still available at their site and they are definitely advertising career building materials for SALE. Spose If I buy something from them I'll get an interview at jet blue?

hotwing said:
ok - so what is the answer -- are they hiring or not? We all know what they are, but that is not what I was curious about... what is going on with their hiring? are they hring or not?

Plain and simple: NO

For now!

Things will change, I'd bet in Vegas on it.

Bill Nelson said:
These guys are morons. They rarely have accurate information. They just want you to send them money. Who needs an application service when no one is hiring? (Those that are hiring now don't use AEPs anyway.) It is a load of dung. Save your money.

Agreed. ASA has no plans to hire in the forseeable future. We have a large pool and the poolies are being told not to expect word until late Fall '03.
AEPS is probably using this to boost applications sice they make money from doing such. IMO, it's a scam since ASA mostly hires directly anyhow, instead of going through AEPS. At ASA we get enough resumes directly not to have to use such services.
Save your money. It's bogus.

AEPS

I tried AEPS for about a month before cancelling it. I recall getting a few posts for jobs, mostly for G-V or Global Express captains. fabulously useful when you're flying a Lear 25. I heard a rumour a while back that they'd gone bankrupt. Only reference I can find for it now is on Air Inc.'s site...

http://www.jet-jobs.com/ABOUT AIR INC/memberinfo/aeps_docs/aeps1.html

Latest resources

Back