• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Medeco

SQUIB
Hey guys,

I have a few ASA interview questions that I'm interested in knowing other peoples thoughts on.

1) What is the lowest IFR altitude you can fly?

That, to me is conditional on phase of flight but this is the question that was asked to my buddy a few weeks ago.

2)You are enroute and radar shows a level 4/5 storm ahead, ATC denies deviation left or right, what would you do?

My first thought is to ask for a hold until deviation can be approved and as a last result declare an emergency

Interested in hearing other thoughts, thanks

????

Do you have an upcoming interview?? I've heard no more until '03.......so if you have one, that's a good change. Lowest IFR altitude.......1000' clearance, 3 miles?? either side of course, 2000' in mountanous terrain. It may be 4 or 5 miles either side of course, can't remember.

Hasta!!

I do not have an interview,but hope to soon. So, I'm studying and gathering all my answers to possible questions.

They change things very quick on interviewing, in terms of when they are and are not interviewing. They latest out of the hiring department is they will crank it back up in October since they have already assigned so many in the pool to class dates in the next two months.Empty the pool and refill it.

>>2)You are enroute and radar shows a level 4/5 storm ahead,
>>ATC denies deviation left or right, what would you do?

Personally, I'd just tell them I'm deviating. This goes along with severe icing and whatever other situation you can dream up in which the controller, in his/her cozy little room may not appreciate that things cost you a shade more than it cost them. This gets lumped in with the 'declaring min fuel', I think. It becomes a situation in which it isn't appropriate to declare an emergency, because you will only be presented with that emergency if you don't deviate.

Just my $.02

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back