ASA Info Please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

purduedchi

I am currently an FO flying a EMB145 at another company, however, I am thinking about comming over to ASA. But before I make any hard decisions I am trying to gather as much info as I can.

First...when does your contract expire...Is the pilot group going to work past that expiration if negotiations are not complete, or is there the potential for a strike?

Second...Can you post the upgrade times for all aircraft and anything about the 2 for one deal that you have in terms of hours flown with the company?

Third...What is the reserve time like right now...How many pilots are on reserve?

Fourth...Are new hires paid durring training, and if so, at what rate? Does the company provide a hotel durring this time?

These are some of the questions that I have right now. Any information on them would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

The first thing I can tell you is that we are no longer hiring. The interviews that just occured will be the last. Our pilot hiring staff has been dismanteled and only the manager remains as a part timer to keep some organization. There will be a class in Jan and then that will be it for the rest of the year. This is due to the E-120 retirement. A pool of about two classes worth will remain in limbo until we run classes again. Of course, having said all of that, they will probably hire again in Feb.

New Hire pay = $19.02/hr

Per diem = $1.50/hr (24/7 for DFW based pilots)

The contract has recently expired and we are currently in negotiations with a fierce schedule of two to three 2-day sessions per month. We are hoping for a new contract by summer's end.

Reserve is very different based on equipment and domicile. Anywhere from a month (DFW EMB) to 6 months (ATL CRJ).
Upgrade is currently 10 months for DFW E-120 and about 2 1/2 years on all others.

As far as a strike, anything is possible. We can only hope that DCI and Delta appreciate the hard work that we have put in.

Good Luck!

Latest resources

Back