• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PROFLYER

Just read in the crew room:

ASA will start:

DFW-OAK & SLC-OAK effective 6/1
DFW-SNA & SLC-SNA effective 9/1

There was also a ton of "realignment" with ASA, CMR, SKW, CHQ swapping a bunch of flying. Comair took a bunch of ASA ATL flying, while ASA picked up some from CMR in DFW. Can't remember all the details, but ASA will get DFW-IND, ORD, CRP. I'm sure there will be more of this to come.

I wonder if they will "shift" crews to DFW to cover the new flying or if they will cycle ATL crews through the DFW system to cover the flying. I know we are short in ATL right now, but that should change when the EMB crews come out of training.....I hope!

Any idea where the "reallignment" can be found (other than work)?

Happy trails:D

I read it on the news net on the board in the crew room. I think it's on FLICA as well. I don't subscribe from home, but it's usually on there. You can get the news net on the phone, but I don't know that number off the top of my head. If it's on flica, you could probably cut and paste it on here.

OAK and SNA

If you guys get an overnight in both those cities you're going to love them. OAK might sound bad at first, but you can take Bay Area Transit (BART) into San Fran. Orange country always has beautiful weather and beatiful women.

Have fun with those overnights, just leave some for OO.

Wow that is great news guys. On a side note is ASA still taking delivery's of RJ's, either 200 or 700's? I am curious to find out if the EMB guys and gals are just going to bring the staffing numbers even as opposed to being over required numbers? If this is the case will ASA start hiring again in the summer as some previous posts have stated? Thanks in advance everyone for the info, we appreciate it alot. Stay Safe!!!!!!!! CYA

Avrat:) :) :)

For some reason when I saw OAK I was thinking Oak City. I remember flying into John Wayne SNA in a C-182 thinking the runway was pretty short for a jet (5,500 ft I think).

Looking forward to heading out that way!

PS. Still waiting for that San Diego R.O.N.

This is from our company newsletter.

Efforts to best position the right size of aircraft in the right rotations across the Delta Connection network will impact dozens of ASA routes beginning June 1. ASA will add one daily round-trip CRJ700 flight between Atlanta and Akron/Canton, Daytona Beach and Long Island/Islip, beginning June 1, to replace Comair CRJ700s. Comair, meanwhile, will replace all ASA service between Atlanta and Harrisburg, Norfolk, Rochester and Newburgh effective June 1 to support increases in ASA service at Dallas/Ft. Worth. Comair also will replace ASA flight frequencies in eight other Atlanta markets - Charlotte, Lexington, Roanoke, South Bend, Toledo, Knoxville and Montreal. At Dallas/Ft. Worth, ASA will replace Comair flights between DFW and Corpus Christi, Indianapolis, Chicago O'Hare.

Additional changes effective this summer include SkyWest replacing ASA on one daily flight between Louisville and DFW (July 1); Chautauqua replacing ASA on one daily flight between DFW and Houston Bush Intercontinental (Aug. 1) and Memphis (Sept. 1); and ASA replacing SkyWest on one daily flight between DFW and New Orleans (Sept.1).

HHHHHHHmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting, inthe end does that mean ASA will be loosing routes to CHQ, CMR and SKW? When I did the math thats what it looked like. CYA

Avrat

I'm delighted !!!

Comair/Skywest and CHQ can have those destinations.

We need new destinations out West. I've had enough of the Southeast part of the country.

Latest resources

Back