• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Finals are out. MUCH better...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
specifically say that they have no plans to grow ASA until the merger is complete

Plans?

Since when did 'plans' have anything to do with how things get done in the airline industry?

Add to the fact that if anyone listened to the latest earnings call they would have heard Brad Rich, the CFO of Inc. specifically say that they have no plans to grow ASA until the merger is complete, final, and everything is integrated. I would LOVE to be completely wrong about this, but I heard it straight out of his mouth. I won't believe it till I see it.

this was my concern when it was annouced... i would love to be wrong... but... for the next 18 months we dork around with this merger, etc.... skywest gets new frames...

So here I am about to take my PC and get back on the line. I'm WAY junior...but for some reason, even though we're totally thin on 200 crews, I was awarded a CR7 FO position...

That doesn't make any sense at all unless there are more 700/900 airframes coming soon.

Johnpeace,
I think the majority of the captain upgrades came from the crj700 FO positions thus creating resultant vacancies to be covered. You were then awarded that vacancy which created another vacancy on the 200. Those vacancies should be covered with new hires. It is all a domino effect.

Johnpeace,
I think the majority of the captain upgrades came from the crj700 FO positions thus creating resultant vacancies to be covered. You were then awarded that vacancy which created another vacancy on the 200. Those vacancies should be covered with new hires. It is all a domino effect.

I guess that makes sense...

Just seems like we're more desperately needed on the 200 side, so I figured we'd be sent there.

Plans?

Since when did 'plans' have anything to do with how things get done in the airline industry?

True. But what's more likely? ASA gets 20 700s and hires (roughly) 150-200 more people, integrates the 700s into whatever operation, all while trying to merge ASA and XJT into the largest regional in the country.

OR, Skywest gets 20 700s while we are busy with the merger/PBS/understaffing/etc.etc.etc.. This way Skywest can get slightly bigger thereby making them a little more closely aligned to the new ASA size. Also it keeps their pilots happy at a time of huge transition in the company.

Like I said, I would love for this rumor to be true. But personally I prefer to be pessimistic then surprised, rather than believing every rumor and drooling/crying over the left seat for another 5 years.

Come over to Nam and all your wildest dreams come true!

If that means sitting in the left seat and making a livable wage, then I'm there! Have you eaten any seafood yet?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back