ASA / Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cosmotheassman

With what is going on at Delta right now, is ASA a good choice? I dont want to get on there and then get laid off in 3 months. Or am I being too paranoid here? Any advice would help--thanks

Cosmo

cosmotheassman said:
With what is going on at Delta right now, is ASA a good choice? I dont want to get on there and then get laid off in 3 months. Or am I being too paranoid here? Any advice would help--thanks

Cosmo
Magic 8 Ball says..........

"Ask again later"

I don't think anybody has a clue what is going to happen. We are all waiting to see what happes whit the "strategic review" from Delta. I don't think you will be upgrading anytime soon, and first year pays sucks. Once you make it over the reserve hump and get on the second year pay life is much better.

Our contract is an other issue. I would say it will at least a year before anything is on the table for a vote.

Not a bad place to be

It costs ASA more to furlough and retrain than to keep a first year F/O at 19$/hr. ASA has never furloughed. Also, the only reason other major "regionals" have furloughed is because of flow backs. There are/will be no flow backs at ASA. Delta would have to liquidate before ASA would cease operations. Even then, creditors would probably keep it in operations as an independant carrier because it would be profitable as so. Good luck, cc

Hey Coz, a little advise...

The only time you will know you made the right choice in your career is when you look back on it when you turn 60.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back