ASA Brasilias

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bailout

Ive read some posts about future classes pending the situation with the Brasilia retirements. Last week they formally announced (which means this could all change), that they are going away at 2 a month starting in Jan. This means that there are @ 50 pilots (F/O's) that will be displaced into something else. (probably the RJ i would think). What this means to new hires/classes I dont know, just passing on the info.

bailout said:
Ive read some posts about future classes pending the situation with the Brasilia retirements. Last week they formally announced (which means this could all change), that they are going away at 2 a month starting in Jan. This means that there are @ 50 pilots (F/O's) that will be displaced into something else. (probably the RJ i would think). What this means to new hires/classes I dont know, just passing on the info.

Yes, that is true, but you failed to mention that we will also be receiving 2 CRJ's per month. Two E-120's leave, two CRJ's arrive, not net change in total aircraft. We are still short of pilots, we will continue to hire for a while next year.

Haven't they been saying for quite a while now that the Brasilias were going away? Despite a few years of such talk, they're still here. At a question/answer session with Skip Barnette Monday, he didn't indicate that the Brasilias would all be gone in the forseeable future, only that what Brasilias ASA has will be based in DFW.

Hey guys,

I was looking at Bomardier's web site and found a report on the aircraft ordered/delivered that was dated Sep. 30 2002. It says that ASA has ordered 45 CRJ200 and received 45. And 12 CRJ700 and received 5 with 7 backordered.

Also, it showes Delta Connection order/received many more of each type.

CRJ200 ordered-84 received-48

CRJ700 ordered-26 received-0

Maybe these are options to buy for all the DCI companies.

At the DFW roadshow, Skip said we were to receive 6 more CR200/700 by years end and 21 aircraft next year ( I believe 7 700's and 14 200's). The memo that came out a few days ago said we would average 2 aircraft a month next year.

He mentioned that the E120 will remain in Dallas. He said that he would like to see the 120 begin to leave the fleet toward the end of '03. He also stated (to my surprise) that we lose money operating the 120's but that they do generate money for Big D.

He also mentioned that we would focus most of our growth to the west and also specifically mentioned that we WOULD be in SLC in the not to distant future.

Hope this sheds some light on the situation for yall,
ASAFO

He also mentioned that we would focus most of our growth to the west and also specifically mentioned that we WOULD be in SLC in the not to distant future

Music to my ears. !!!!!!!

PilotMonkey said:
sleepy, do you have any idea how long the two CRJ's per month will continue coming in?

I don't know, I am only relaying info that management is putting out to all (in a memo plasterd on the walls of the ops area). Of course it is always subject to change. I would expect to see all E-120's out of ATL by the summer of 2003. I would expect to see them replaced with new 50 and 70 seat RJ's.

I would expect to see a new hire class starting on 01/02/03.

>>>Haven't they been saying for quite a while now that the Brasilias were going away? Despite a few years of such talk, they're still here. At a question/answer session with Skip Barnette Monday, he didn't indicate that the Brasilias would all be gone in the forseeable future, only that what Brasilias ASA has will be based in DFW.<<<

Yes there has been talk for awhile, but it has been formally announced this time. And I meant to say that they were leaving ATL, not ASA. They will be in DFW. They will be gone by the end of 2005 from ASA due to more stringent regs on TCAS or Xponder issues, i cant remember which, and they will not spend the money to upgrade them.

>>>50 pilots...is this per month or total<<<

Total.

>>Yes, that is true, but you failed to mention that we will also be receiving 2 CRJ's per month. Two E-120's leave, two CRJ's arrive, not net change in total aircraft. We are still short of pilots, we will continue to hire for a while next year.<<

I doubt that the EMB's will leave and the CRJs get here at the same time. And keep in mind, we are short because we have @ 20 reserve pilots on the CRJ, and 8 or so on the EMB, so when they come over we will have more on reserve than the equal number of plane swaps,..(did I say that right?) Of course we also have the 70 seater which will need staffing, there will be openings, it depends on where the EMB pilots go, as to which plane we will do the hiring into. I doubt any of them will go to the ATR.

Latest resources

Back