Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Airboss

ASA ATL-ACY, BQN, PSE in June

Delta’s new non-stop service between Atlantic City, New Jersey and Atlanta effective June 8, 2006
CR2
Flight Departs Arrives
4298 Atlanta at 900 p.m. Atlantic City at 10:50 p.m.
4299 Atlantic City at 6:30 a.m. Atlanta at 8:20 a.m.

Delta’s new non-stop service* between Atlanta and Aguadilla, effective June 1:
CR7
Flight Departs ArrivesOperates
4912 Atlanta at 1105 a.m. -Aguadilla at 2:36 p.m.
Mon., Thurs., Sat., Sun.
4912 Aguadilla at 3:25 p.m. -Atlanta at 702 p.m.
Mon., Thurs., Sat., Sun.

*Operated by Delta Connection carrier ASA

Delta’s new non-stop service* between Atlanta and Ponce, effective June 3:
CR7
Flight Departs Arrives Operates
4927 Atlanta at 11 a.m. -Ponce at 2:38 p.m.
Wed., Sat.
4927 Ponce at 3:25 p.m.-Atlanta at 709 p.m.
Wed., Sat.

*Operated by Delta Connection carrier ASA

Last edited:
Maybe its just me, but those times don't make a lot of sense to me.

Wouldn't you want flights arriving in ACY early in the day, and departing at night?

gkrangers said:

Wouldn't you want flights arriving in ACY early in the day, and departing at night?

They do this in a few cities, flown as standups/continuous duty overnights
Like ATL-AZO Kalamazoo. 830-1030pm and AZO-ATL 640-840 am.
Same crew and same airplane.

Well yeah, but I just don't know if it makes sense from a consumer point of view.

I would want to get to ACY early, and leave at night. Not ge there at 11PM and go to sleep, wasting a night in the hotel WHICH AINT CHEAP...then leaving at 6AM when I'm hungover!
Airboss said:
They do this in a few cities, flown as standups/continuous duty overnights
Like ATL-AZO Kalamazoo. 830-1030pm and AZO-ATL 640-840 am.
Same crew and same airplane.

I think this is a good way to use the CR7s. Use them on routes that are exploratory---all the way to Aguadilla and Ponce. If they hold their own, great. If they are full constantly, then throw on a 738. I know CAL and JB fly to those cities from EWR and JFK, but I think we are the only other carrier out there trying it from somewhere other than NYC, and I think that is smart. Good going ASA and DL. (I am still smarting about St Croix, though--but you can have Kingston)

Bye Bye--General Lee

gkrangers said:
Well yeah, but I just don't know if it makes sense from a consumer point of view.

I would want to get to ACY early, and leave at night. Not ge there at 11PM and go to sleep, wasting a night in the hotel WHICH AINT CHEAP...then leaving at 6AM when I'm hungover!

The main purpose of a commuter airline is to feed the mainline. So flights like these are aimed at people who are connecting in ATL to other flights and at business people who have a day meeting in ATL.

God bless you General Lee!! I am full of wine but am glad to "see my brother of the south" is alive and well and I pray your time in the "dock" was well spent,ha,ha!

I will gladly pull "your" gear (seriously) in a 90 seater anytime! Wil

General Lee said:
I think this is a good way to use the CR7s. Use them on routes that are exploratory---all the way to Aguadilla and Ponce. If they hold their own, great. If they are full constantly, then throw on a 738. I know CAL and JB fly to those cities from EWR and JFK, but I think we are the only other carrier out there trying it from somewhere other than NYC, and I think that is smart. Good going ASA and DL. (I am still smarting about St Croix, though--but you can have Kingston)

Bye Bye--General Lee

I agree, that an excellent use of a commuter aircraft.;)

gkrangers said:

You're right that the times are not terribly good. This flight is essentially time that DL has with this aircraft that would likely otherwise would go unused. So you operate the aircraft at these offpeak times and essentially only look to cover the direct operating costs (paying the saudis for gas and you jet jockeys to fly it) and try and make enough to cover some (but not necessarily all of) of the indirect overhead.

Same reason why DL flies something like BDL-LAX. If you've got a plane sitting there at night in BDL and one in LAX it's oftentimes better to fly as long as you cover direct costs than to let them sit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back