ASA and the West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avratdwc

Hey guys, not wanting to sound repetative but will they start hiring once the westward expansion takes place. I am currently living in CA rite now and am very interested in ASA for the future. Could someone fill me in please. I could easily commute to SLC and LAX and DFW if I had to. I would also be willing to move back east for ATL. What is the better place to be rite now for lines and upgrades. Thanx!!!!!

Expect hiring to resume in 6 months to 1 year. Do not expect any bases west of Dallas soon. The flights will be covered as multiple-day trips out of DFW. Keep building that time. I think that most candidates in the recent hiring had 3000 hours or more. DFW is the place to be right now for lines and upgrades. Atlanta is pretty much stagnant.

EVERYWHERE will be stagnant for quite some time, eith the retirement of the EMB120's! These pilots will be transtioning to jets, keeping everybody stagnant. There will be no growth at ASA due to the loss of these airplanes. That means no getting off reserve, no upgrading for a long time!

Be careful with your choice of words. When you say "no upgrade for a long time" could be mistaken for a really long time. It is currently a 2 3/4 year upgrade to the RJ in DFW. Ask an Eagle pilot when he will get an RJ captain slot. 8-10 Years+

SFR said:
Be careful with your choice of words. When you say "no upgrade for a long time" could be mistaken for a really long time. It is currently a 2 3/4 year upgrade to the RJ in DFW. Ask an Eagle pilot when he will get an RJ captain slot. 8-10 Years+

Quite true on the upgrades. After two years I am only 150 away from CRJ Capt in DFW.

Sleepy,

My point is, you will probably stay 150 away for another year or more, as EMB captains transition to RJ captain. Any openings will be filled by them for the immediate future. It sucks, too, for new hires that will sit at the bottom for the next year.

79%N1 said:
Sleepy,

My point is, you will probably stay 150 away for another year or more, as EMB captains transition to RJ captain. Any openings will be filled by them for the immediate future. It sucks, too, for new hires that will sit at the bottom for the next year.

Yes, it could work out that way. But, many of the ATL people may not want to move to DFW. They may go to the FO position on the CR7 or Capt on the ATR until things pick up in ATL next year.

I have heard quite a few people who are indeed moving to DFW. It seems everybody wants to head west with the new expansion. I also know of several EMB guys who are going to the ATR and 70, not the 50. WHo knows,... Time will tell.

I also know of several EMB guys who are going to the ATR and 70, not the 50. WHo knows,... Time will tell.

February final awards are:

Capt CRJ200 DFW sen # 1010

Capt CRJ200 ATL sen# 286

There are no CRJ 700 slots open. New deliveries are slated for DFW. I don't believe there will be any new slots on the 700 for ATL in the near future. It will all be CRJ 200.

"There are no CRJ 700 slots open"

They already have their awards. And some are going to DFW. Interesting though, because one good friend of mine was told from the HR person (hes on the EMB now), that when it is his time to be displaced, they get whatever is on their bid sheet regardless of what slots are open. This is why we are going to be "overstaffed". In other words, if he puts CR7 on his bid sheet only, he gets it, whether or not its "available" due to being displaced. If they dont have anything other than what they are on now, then the company can put them wherever they need.

Latest resources

Back