• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are Coast Guard Pilots Real Pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So how does OCS get a flight candidate into the cockpit quicker?

The coolest AF pilots I know of were herk pilots.

Isn't it ironic then that the biggest jerks I have ever met in Coast Guard aviation are Herc pilots? They look down their collective noses at the rest of us.

Why would one want to stay away from cutters? It is the Coast Guard after all and a good time can be had on the AVDET.

Last edited:
We just got the skinny on that last week. It is just an offer/proposal.

The CG was offered the whole package. Aircraft and pilots from the Navy to fly the S-3 for an interim surveillance package as we transition from one fixed wing airframe to another (Falcon Jet to Casa).

However, it is unlikely to happen as it is hard to justify that you need more money for more aircraft when you just doled out millions to pay for a "loan" of aircraft and crew for something you don't really have to have.

Get One

What's the deal with all the same dense sense of AF humor (ExAF/Deuce 130)?
The deal is we HAVE a sense of humor. Guess the CG didn't issue you one. You should try one out sometime. You're welcome to borrow mine any time.

Wow... even the USAF guys are jealous of the USCG aviators..... I guess I would be too since the Coasties earn Navy Wings of Gold......

And your wings are made of what?

Naw... I just got that silly green card with the old dudes on the back... its nothing compared to USAF wings and an ascot....

Nothing as cool as Navy Wings of Gold....

Let's look at the order..

1. Navy
2. USMC
3. Coastie
4. Army
5. DoD
6. Civilian
7. Any foreign gov't armed service UN member(except France)
8. Plastic Air Line Kiddie Wings given out in post BK
9. Cereal Wings from Kellogs
10. USAF

(in commming!!!!)

Just kidding.... man.. you non CQ guys are sensitive... The Guardian.... wow... have you shown him Iron Eagle? Oh wait..never mind...

you USAF guys are all right... I mean.. when the Navy folks wanted a clean ramp, good food and a bed less than 50 years old they just stopped at an AF base...

Just joking!!

Seriously.... I am just joking...

ExAF- The F-4 is one bad ass jet... it makes the F-14 look like a kids toy....

Last edited:
Ascot ! It's a scarf, man. It's as cool as those way cool "2500", "3000" hr. etc.. patches the dorks at AMC headquaters wear.:laugh:

Silver or gold. It doesn't matter. You either have em or you don't.

Latest resources

Back