Apartment near EWR

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shon7

Anyone know of a good area to rent a reasonable apartment near EWR where I can take public transportation to and from the airport. Or an area near the airport where buying a small place might be an option.

I would not live anywhere near that place. If you are willing to move to Nj check out Plainsboro. About 45 minutes south west near Princeton. Unreal. Very nice. A one Bedroom will run about 800-1000 a month but well worth it considering the surrounding area has everything you need with class.
Consider sharing it and cut your rent and not your lifestyle.

Head south or northwest. Also keep transportation in mind. NJ Transit has commuter rail running all over the state, and EWR has its own station. The North Jersey Coast Line and Northeast Corridor Lines run directly to EWR. If you live on another line you can switch trains to get to EWR. Can be more convenient than driving sometimes.

Anyone know of a good area to rent a reasonable apartment near EWR where I can take public transportation to and from the airport.

Sure. Ivy Hill in East Orange. (Those that know where that is will get it).

I would not live anywhere near that place. If you are willing to move to Nj check out Plainsboro. About 45 minutes south west near Princeton. Unreal. Very nice. A one Bedroom will run about 800-1000 a month but well worth it considering the surrounding area has everything you need with class.
Consider sharing it and cut your rent and not your lifestyle.

Don't listen to any of these guys who know nothing about NJ besides what they see when they fly into Newark and New York. I grew up in NJ and there are lots of nice towns within a 15-20 minute drive (in fact some are too nice to even afford).

Plainsboro is unecessarily too far to drive (unless you like driving on a regular basis in some of the worst traffic you have ever seen). There are plenty of towns that are just as nice, plus are closer to the beach and New York City. If you like living in towns with nothing to do then by all means go hide out in Plainsboro or any of those Hunterdon/ Somerset County towns with all the old, married couples.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back