Anyone in the 1/7 UAL class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wingslevl

I got the phone call on 11/19 for the 1/7 class. Haven't heard from them since then. Anyone else hear anything or is this normal? Nothing in the mail,email, FedEx. What's the deal? Anyone from prior classes have any info?

I got the phone call on 11/19 for the 1/7 class. Haven't heard from them since then. Anyone else hear anything or is this normal? Nothing in the mail,email, FedEx. What's the deal? Anyone from prior classes have any info?

Class canceled due to age 65.

That was original (note sarcasm).
Sorry, I have no knowledge of it being canceled. I forgot to put in the smiley!:0

BUT-United will be greatly effected by the age 65 rule. I would suggest you continue to look at carriers that did not have their pension stolen from them. Fed-ex does not look like a good bet anymore either with the over 60 FE's wanting their Captain slot back.

I'm not saying don't go, but make sure you are still keeping your options open.

Fed-ex does not look like a good bet anymore either with the over 60 FE's wanting their Captain slot back.

God, what a nightmare! Getting 'em all back through the sim again!

I thought it wasn't grandfathered? (pardon the pun) or does FedEx have an agreement with their pilots union to let the retirees back to their seat again?

I thought it wasn't grandfathered? (pardon the pun) or does FedEx have an agreement with their pilots union to let the retirees back to their seat again?

Flash, an "over 60" FE at FedEX is still ON THE PROPERTY!.

That's the difference.

They never retired and are still pilots. They are there riding sideways as FE's. How they can now bid back into the left seat and bump the current captains. If I were a senior FO I'd be really bummed that all the up coming vacancies will be filled with "senior" guys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back