Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone heard of Flight Options Interviewing??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

msr

Has anyone heard of anybody interviewing in th last month or so or have a interview coming up Flight Options? Thanks!!

Interviews are probably slowing down because of the the big upcoming merger with another fractional company.

They are still hiring 10 or so a month, spoke with HR today. All BE-400/CJ/ and still a few BE-200. You have to have a LOR, and they also need to stop by the office probably more than once to speak to HR about your quals. They also seem to move quickly on candidates with types on any of the new hire equipment. This has been my experience and seems to be the norm.

Good Luck

don't expect too much...

If you do get hired here at Options don't expect to ever upgrade to the left seat. You'll be stuck in the right seat forever. When you become a 5th year F/O you'll be making equivalent to light jet Captain's pay ($4333/month). No one has upgraded from F/O to Captain in months here...except for one kiss@$$ in the pre-owned beechjet fleet. His seniority number was 760ish and the closest Captain to him was 640ish. Not only did he upgrade but he became the Assistant Program Manager in the pre-owned beechjet fleet where he makes more money than everyone else in the program. So basically, the only way to get ahead in this company right now is to kiss alot of butt and be a buddyf***er.

From what I have heard FLOPS is having about 10 pilots a month leave. They seem very slow to upgrade people. There are quite a few guys who do a lot of overtime. So I suppose they can cover the upgrade slots with extra OT.

I left last month after 5yrs. I left good friends behind. it is a pity that quite a few of the FLT managers don't realize what quailty people they have working for them.
I came out of the 3 program and they didnt replace my PIC slot.

fogrunner said:
From what I have heard FLOPS is having about 10 pilots a month leave. They seem very slow to upgrade people. There are quite a few guys who do a lot of overtime. So I suppose they can cover the upgrade slots with extra OT.
That's exactly what's going on. Plus they use contract pilots to pick up the slack. These contract pilots are usually guys that have left the company and work for Options on their days off at their new jobs. They're well compensated as well...as in well over $700/day plus per diem and expenses.:eek: Good luck at your new job flying the DC-10. I wish I had the flight time to go fly one. :(

fogrunner, the normal loss rate is two per month. If pilots were leaving as fast as you say my seniority number would be much better than it is.

Your PIC slot was not fill?? Why, the program you left is getting smaller fast. Just put one on the market with a couple more going on soon.

Oh, do not worry, those sold will be replaced with a new series of acft: MUCH FASTER!!

Enjoy the new job.

longrangekiller said:
Oh, do not worry, those sold will be replaced with a new series of acft: MUCH FASTER!!

Enjoy the new job.
That's a pretty optimistic statement. I do not think that they will be replaced as fast you think. Why is it we just lost four PIC's in the XP program and no word of any bids for those positions? I know the XP program is not going any where.

Those 4 XP PIC positions went to the.....drum role please..............................................CONTRACT PILOTS! I ran into 3 of them on the road last week.

Latest resources

Back