Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any non-military guys to be trained as FFDO's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CubanSmoker

Hi all. I have heard that the FFDO program is essentially still for former or current military people. Is that still the case?

All of the FFDO's that I know at my airline are former military or active guard pilots and I was wondering what the odds are a level-headed, psychologically sound civilian would get approved.

Thanks

Smoker

CubanSmoker said:
Hi all. I have heard that the FFDO program is essentially still for former or current military people. Is that still the case?
No. I'll leave it at that. If you want further info, speak with somebody that has been through the program that knows you well, or apply with the TSA(as much as I hate to go to the TSA for anything), and they will answer your questions.

Absolutely, you should ask around if you want more info....But not on a public forum. There is no need whatsoever to discuss anything regarding the FFDO program on this or any other public forum.

Normally, I'd say paranoia will destroy ya, But in this case, yes ,you need to talk to some one privately, and not on the board!

Guys, lets get over ourselves. Simple question with no security implications. He wasn't asking questions like how many rounds they carry or anything like that. Besides, if they are all trained by the same folks under the same program, what difference does the background make?

I agree with BEXFlyer. Absolutely nothing, no matter how mundane, should be discussed in a public forum regarding the FFDO program. That may seem overly paranoid, but a simple conversation may result (unintentionally) in the disclosure info that should not be "out there".

apdsm said:
I agree with BEXFlyer. Absolutely nothing, no matter how mundane, should be discussed in a public forum regarding the FFDO program. That may seem overly paranoid, but a simple conversation may result (unintentionally) in the disclosure info that should not be "out there".
Yea...lets have a double secret arming of pilots and then keep it really secret...that way if owl-kay-duh gets any ideas that none of our pilots are armed...blammo! Got you sucka!

You guys actually think that FFDO pilots are going to slip up and be girly men and post critical stuff on these forums? Sh!t, if it's that bad, who's keeping an eye on them lose lip suckers when they are in the bar showing off their .40 Cal Hk pistols to all the chickies? I mean really, who would have thought that after all that training, that they could be trusted to not say anything sensitive about the program? Oh, that's right, they are trusted with a gun, but they still gotta be screened by the TSA to get on board the plane they are flying...never mind.

Last edited:
Dorks with guns

Thats what the program should be called, "DORKS with GUNS. Everyone I've meet is a Barney Fife tool with no other life than airplanes and handguns. I'll bet the first person killed by one of these idiots is not trying to get onto the cockpit.

Last edited:
Thats what the program should be called, "DORKS with GUNS. Everyone I've meet is a Barney Fife tool with no other life than airplanes and handguns. I'll bet the first person killed by one of these idiots is not trying to get onto the cockpit.

Nice.

These guys sacrifice their own time, often at considerable PERSONAL cost, to make travel safer for everyone, and you make these stupid statements.

The FFDO program and the increased FAM program are some of the very few things done since 9/11 that are actually worthwhile, as far as actual security are concerned.

Get a clue!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back