Any news on ASA pool or Hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
asa

talked to an asa recruiter at AIR INC. LAX job fair and he said no hiring till probably late this year due to emb-120 retirements

DFW Emb retraining classes . . .

Anyone who is part of the retraining from DFW have an update on the progress there, ie . . . if classes are ongoing and how far along they are in getting the retraining done? Since they are shooting for an Aug 1st all jet date from DFW, does this mean most of the retraining may be done by then? Or do all you EMB pilots have a month off while they catch up?
Also, I was a Nov interview, and some from my group got the last class date on Jan. 2nd. Any one else out there from November, or even earlier, in the pool?
Thanks to anyone willing to share info.

btflyer,

Unfortunately for those waiting to get on with ASA, the EMB retraining doesn't seem to be going that fast. Tommorow is the last day for the EMB in ATL, but there are still quite a few ATL EMB pilots to be trained. I'd say the DFW EMB pilots will probably start the big transition in June, and probably continue until September. It's been said that there will be quite a few EMB pilots with some time off (with pay of course) while they catch up on training. I would imagine we'll have all EMB pilots started in classes by September. After that it will be a matter of determining a need for new hire pilots. Right now we're pretty short on the RJ, but I'm not sure what the situation will be once the EMB folks are all trained.

I would imagine that there will be some new hire classes by this fall. Then again, we'll all be the last to know about any of this stuff. Good luck to those waiting.

It seems that we are really short of RJ pilots on the line. Hopefully the poor EMB guys will be trained soon, so we can start hiring again in the Fall. We are still interviewing people, so they must have some hiring plans down the road.

Life preserver drifting out of reach . .

Thanks for the update, such as it is. I'll probably check back next month. Sure was hoping things were moving along a little faster.

Any other poolies out there? PM me if you would rather.

Last I heard, all transitions should be done by Sept. We are short of people! I'm getting sick of getting called out to fly as FO!

Latest resources

Back