• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Any News on ASA CLasses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard a couple weeks ago during a line standardization check that training department will be gearing up for new hires late fall. Of course this could change.

Currently,

Last class of ATL EMB pilots started CRJ training yesterday.

July preliminary has all CRJ openings going to DFW EMB pilots who are transitioning over to jet.

I don't know man....better check those pins!!!

Later

new hire class

I was hired into the pilot pool in Feb. 2003. I have not heard anything about hiring anytime soon at ASA, however I got a letter from the FAA letting me know that ASA had requested my records. This was just the other day. I am starting class at Chautauqua on the 5th, day after tomorrow. I guess I will have look at my options when ASA finally calls. Not sure what I will do. If I have 6mons or more at CHQ I am not sure if I would jump ship or not. Does anyone have any insight to this dilemna?

Seniority means everything in this business! Better go with the sure thing. With contract negotiations ongoing - nobody really knows for sure when we'll actually be hiring again (at ASA).

The Chit pilots are farther along in their contract talks than ASA. Infact, they are about to vote to strike. We probably won't get to a strike vote at ASA for two more years.

Latest resources

Back