Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

El Cid Av8or

Crew Dawg
I am wanting to fly corporate or fractional jets when I get the rest of my ratings and build hours/gain experience (still have a ways to go, I know). I am also interested in enlisting in the Air National Guard to be a flight engineer, mechanic or load master. What I am wondering is if the fractional companies frown on hiring folks that serve in the National Guard or Reserves (any branch) since they have to serve one weekend/month and two weeks/year as this could throw a possible kink in the scheduling.

Clear skies and tailwinds...

I am in the Army Guard and in the processing of switching to the Navy Reserve and have been at NetJets about a year and 4 months-and they have been great about scheduling around any military duty or just giving me the time off if it conflicted.
There are allot of ex military pilots at NetJets and I do not think being in the reserves/guard would affect a hiring decision in the least bit. When I interviewed the two interviewing cpt's were both ex military(AF and Army)and one of them actually comented that if I stayed in the guard/reserves (since I was coming off active duty) that the 17 day sched worked well for mil duty.
they even have a company policy that if you are called on active duty for an extended period of time-and you make more at NetJets than for the military they will pay the difference to you.
Now that is military friendly. Too bad with the current contract you would have to have been at the company a lonnnng time for that to happen.
Fly Safe
Chuck

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Thanks!

Latest resources

Back