Any info on trans-states?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

d.fitz

I have heard some negatives in the past.

How are they to work for?

Do they pay while in training?

Starting pay/ per diem?

Life @ TSA

I don't work for TSA but I have several friends who do.

From what I hear when we talk about schedules etc. they are miserable. They get junior manned, and if you commute that screws your commute.
One buddy has been at TSA the same length of time I've been at my airline and I'm upgrading to Jet CA, he's still a J-41 FO. Another just upgraded (J-41 CA) and looks like he's being bumped back to FO with nearly 3 years senority.

Wanna be a prop FO for a few years???

BTW they just announced 25+ layoffs of pilots.

Great group of people BAD management.

hope it helps.

Lazy8s
:)

The pilots here are all awesome to fly with.. Schedule's aren't the best, but they've been getting a little better and the schedulers will usually work with you pretty good to help you out. Supposedly, we're getting a lot of RJ's soon. Right now, 26 are furloughed, after hiring around 50 in the past couple of months. No future furloughs planned. Also, it seems like the union and the company are finally maybe getting along a little better now, so things are looking somewhat hopefull. And yes, they pay for training from day one. All in all, in times like these, it's a great company to be flying for.

OK -

The second post sounded alot better.

I agree wholeheartedly with the economy comment. I got layed off from the Flight dept at Cessna - wasnt expecting that....

I lived in a crashpad with a 6 Trans States pilots up to a couple of months ago--- all jet captains with 4-7 years at the company. Every single one of the thought the company sucks. The people are good to work with, but management takes a "reactive" instead of "proactive" approach to everything. Leads to a lot of instability and insecurity within the company.

I personally have no experience with Trans States. This info is just what my fellow crashpadder had to say.:D

Hi!

A lot of the older guys are more bitter (just my opinion) because pilot-mgmt relationships used to be HORRID!

I was hired in Jun '01, and overall, liked the company. The training pay is less than it was when I went through.

After the ALPA contract was finished, pilot-mgmt relationships improved, which is the climate I came in at. It seems that lately, pilot-mgmt relations are improving now compared with 2 years ago.

They recently approved Jets4Jobs, and are anticipating bringing in 60 RJs for USAir.

It is NOT a top regional, like AWAC, Comair, SKyWest, ASA, HOrizon, etc., but it is better than some. I liked it, but I like my current airline better.

GO to www.tsalounge.com for a tsa oriented message board.

Good luck!

Cliff
GRB

PS-If U search on this website, you'll find a TON of info here, also.

When I was with TransStates it was easy to deal with scheduling and in fact I was able to build a 50hr line each month and I was an reserve.

WD.

I have been at Trans States for almost 2 years now, and have to back most of what is said. I do add that I love flying there. I am on an awesome airplane and the people I fly with are some of the greatest bunch in the industry. Management is the problem, but has done some pretty good things lately. J4J has just been signed, which I am not entirely for, but who knows. Things are looking a lot better. Most of the negative remarks come from guys that went through the contract negotiations 3 years ago. Overall, I am having fun and enjoying life with the job that I've got. Good luck to you.

Latest resources

Back