Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

upallnight

Fly Safe!
I need help tracking down any information on the XL(systems, limits, etc).

Any ideas for me?

NETJETS called me this morning for a class date on 7 OCT.

JIM

Another Airline Guy Jumping Ship!

I just love competing with you airline types that are making the jump to the Fractionals. Can't you guys just flip burgers until they call you back? It will be interesting to see what happens to all of these guys when they are called back. I have heard that most airlines will call people back even if they resigned their seniority number. I know this has happened in the past. The Frac operators should be wise to this. I may sound bitter but I have over 4200 hours and can't land a job right now. Times are definitely the toughest I have seen.

Nothing against the airline guys if they are truely making a definite career change for the long haul. I think the Fracs and others may get a rude awakening in a year or so.

Im jumping, but the ship is sinking.

ULTRA_DRIVER,

Thanks for your concern about my willingness to jump and run from my current job. I also understand the concern you have for your company and the possible staffing problem that may occur when the majors resume hiring.

My situation is a little different. I work for a 121 carrier that was competative in the non-sched market three or four years ago. The way the industry goes, non-sched type operators have a cyclical lifestyle as customers come and go. One good contract can make the company and the loss of that contract can break the company. When that contract is gone, the company downsizes and tries to secure new business in a market that is very tight anyway. I am lucky enough the I was not caught in the downsizing funnel. Just like you said, these are tough times to find employment.

After flying night freight for the last several years, I really look forward to a refreshing change that comes with employment for the leader in the industry. After all of the good I hear about the company, I am ready to start training. I don't know anybody employeed here that does not really enjoy their job.

Thanks again for your concern. Your company is truly fortunate to have you as an employee.

While you are here, is there any good gouge on the Excel that I need?

Jim

Latest resources

Back