• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

any info on chicago express

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As far as I know after sept 11 Chicago Express was the only regional hiring and expanding!! Says something about our product and company

Skywest, Comair, Airwis, ASA, ACA, Mesa, Airtran just to name a few that are or were hiring after 9/11. But good to know that CExpress was too.

Great company to work for.

I just wanted to add my two cents. I'm a Captain on the Saab, and can speak for most of the pilot group that Chicago Express is a great place to work. I think we're the regional industry's best kept secret. Great management, pilots, fa's, and outstation folks. Our management is always accessable and ready to listen. We make a touch above industry average on the saab with a raise/new aircraft coming soon. We recently had the choice of voting in ALPA and passed, a fact that I think attests to a high degree of satisfaction with the way things are run. I know of only one person who was fired, and from everything I've heard, rightfully so. If anything, management is a bit too lenient with some. We've doubled in size since 9/11 and really were one of the only places hiring immediately after the attacks. We are owned by ATA and fly under their banner. ATA is doing pretty well, considering the industry and it looks like we will come out of this whole mess alot better than most. Keep an eye on us, you may not hear alot about us now, but I think we'll be pretty big in the not too distant future. Call Dan Heneghan 773-948-8017. Don't come here because no one else is hiring, come here because were one of the best companies you could find yourself working for.

fly well.

have heard Cexpress is kind of holding off on hiring until this WAR CRAP is decided. Have also heard rumors of possibly CRJ700's in the future?:eek:

IMHO I think they should take things carefully during the next month or so, just until everything with IRAQ is figured out! (a spike in gas prices and lower pax counts is not what the industry needs right now) But, with so many captains moving to ATA, the hiring machine will have to start up soon. So who knows!!

Also, with regard to the jet..... The only things standing in C8's way of adding the RJ is $$$ (right now it's time to be conserving cash) and where to park them (MDW, the hub, doesn't really have a ton of real estate) that's not to say they couldn't base the RJ's at IND (another major hub for ATA). Other than that, nothing is stopping them from getting CRJ700's or anything else under 85000 lbs. ATA mainline scope is very open to the "one airline family" concept. It even allows C8 to be technically bigger in # of a/c than ATA. The current ATA MEC really understands what is needed to make the WO and Mainline work as one unit. That is the biggest stumbling block that all the other regionals have. So, long story short... it will probably be a little while until you see an RJ/SJ in C8's colors just because $$$$ is being saved right now!

Cheers

Hiring Procedures

This information has been very interesting.

The company for which I flight instruct used to have a very good relationship with C8 and many of our instructors became happy members of the team. As of late, though, (since ATA) it has been very difficult to get information about hiring/application procedures.

The Chicago Express website is now a page on the ATA website and has no links to minimums, benefits, or online applications and it is not even clear whether a resume should be sent to C8 or to ATA.

Do any of you have suggestions about how to get a foot in the door? What is the current status of hiring?

Thanks

Future SNA said:
have heard Cexpress is kind of holding off on hiring until this WAR CRAP is decided. Have also heard rumors of possibly CRJ700's in the future?:eek:

I have a buddy starting ground school on 3/3 and this date was confirmed to him on Friday last.

Yes there is a new hire class again for March 3. Also there will be another class for the April/ May time frame. Numbers aren't out on how many. Yes there are also tons of rumors going around about CRJ700. I'll personally beleive it when were going through training. We will have jets here, when is another story. They say within 2 years, everyone is hoping in 12 months. But ALSF2 is right, the war dilemna is holding us back right now. But they will most likely be here, if its the CRJ or any regional jet, we all have to wait and find out, but hopefully we should know soon. Send your resume into Chicago Express itself. The fax number was posted in another thread, and if you know someone that works at Express they should bring your resume in.
Anthony

Latest resources

Back